COMPLAINT: Qatar bad check in - lost luggage

Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:29 PM
Trevor Vas Trevor Vas is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

Copy of letter sent to Qatar Airways:

I wish to report a very disappointing service experience. I normally fly
Qantas but was assured your airline was equally as good.

My son travelled on Qatar from Melbourne to London on 25/12/2010 Flight number QR31.

He was very excited to be visiting his girl friend in Ireland he booked his entire trip through your airline. We were served by a very bad tempered lady in the fast service line who noticed my son had a small back pack and
he also had a present for his girl friend. She weighed both parcels and
despite them coming to 6Kgs she insisted that he insert his back pack into his case and take out what he wanted and put these items into his present.

This was not a great start to his holiday and I complained to her service advisor who explained the rules and was very polite. His colleague the lady who served us and worked for Toll did not want to be there and displayed no empathy or customer service she could not have been colder or less interested.

My son has arrived at his destination and his case did not arrive I mentioned to my wife at the time that I bet the woman behind the counter sends his case somewhere else, unfortunately I got wish. I noticed the bar code tag on his case and asked if this is correct she did not answer, obviously it was not correct.

This is not what I expect to get from an airline. I have flown extensively for pleasure and business and have not encountered such petulant bad service.

Can you please investigate my complaint and also do what you can to locate my sons case, this has ruined his holiday he is stuck in Ireland without his case and is feeling quite upset by this whole experience. He cannot even charge his telephone the charger is in the case. We really are in a bad way maybe thanks to the lady who checked in my son.

Post Script my sons luggage was returned to hin after 6 frustrating days we are now looking to gain some compensation for this bad experience.

Trevor Vas
[email protected]

Customer Service Lost Luggage cwendel United Airlines Complaints 2 Mar 31, 2010 5:16 PM
Baggage Problems Don't check your luggage when flying Continental gbrow Baggage Problems 0 Mar 4, 2008 9:11 PM
Customer Service Lost luggage pfox American Airlines Complaints 0 May 17, 2007 1:11 PM