COMPLAINT: Cathy Airline treats musicians like criminals

Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:20 PM

I have a specially designed harp that fits all airline over head bins. It was $2000 and lets me go away and jam with all sorts of musicians. I am pro so it was worth it.

The people at the counter were extremely rude and asked what I was doing with this small little case. I told them it was a specially designer harp and showed that it fit within the guidelines. They were horrible and told me it had to be checked and if I didn't check it I would have to do it at the gate and there would be an extra charge.

When I got to the gate I was actively harassed again by the gate employees...and the flight attendents
Guess what??? The harp easily fit in the overhead bin. This happened both ways.

I emailed a complaint and got the same trashy line from their customer support. It didn't matter that the harp fit all their guide lines-they just seem to hate all musicians.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook