COMPLAINT: That s how Lufthansa treats its passengers

Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:53 PM
Amororo Amororo is offline

Join Date: Mar 2015

I want to share my misadventure.
I bought a ticket from Bucarest to Strasbourg. On 22.3.2015, once I arrived at the bus station at Frankfurt airport, about half an hour before the scheduled departure, there was a man, who was probably the bus driver of a Lufthansa bus leaving later, who was putting the bags into the luggage compartment. I put my bag on an empty space of the van myself, but the man told me that I had to put it on top of another one. I tried to do it but I pointed out to him that there was not enough room for it. So he said that I had to put it at the very back of the compartment which was impossible for me because it was too far away. The Lufthansa employee, then, who was visibly annoyed and very rude, threw my bag into the compartment. I was shocked and upset by his behavior as in my bag there were fragile objects that could have been broken, such as electronic appliances. So I told him in a firm voice that he had to be careful because my bag contained fragile objects and that he couldn't treat me so rudely and disrespectfully, as I was a paying passenger. Then the bus driver came and told me that I was not allowed to board the bus. He called the police, which was completely uncalled for, given that I had simply raised my voice but was in no way abusive. The police came after a while and after having verified that the situation was under control, they said that they couldn't make the driver take me on the bus and that I had to refer to Lufthansa.
It's obvious that the discussion originated from the bad attitude of the staff member. Me, as a passenger only wishing to go back home after a long journey, I had no reason to be impolite or to engage in any discussion with anybody.
I contacted the Lufthansa customer service by telephone and explained what was happening. I asked the bus driver to speak with them but he refused so I passed the telephone to the policeman who spoke in his place.
Finally the bus departed and I was left behind.
I went to a Lufthansa office and they offered me a seat on the waiting list for a bus leaving at 20.00 with the risk that the bus driver was the one I had the discussion with and that, even assuming that I could find a place on the bus, he would prevent me from boarding.
In short, I paid for a transportation that I didn't use because of an unjustified and unnecessary decision of Lufthansa personnel.
I understand that the bus driver has the right not to admit passengers for security reasons but this was not the case.
The discussion took place about 25 minutes before the departure of the bus and returned to normal immediately.
It was only a spiteful act by the bus driver.
I arrived to Strasbourg much later by train.
I sent a complaint email to the Lufthansa customer service asking for compensation but so far now nobody answered.
Such behavior is unacceptable. I have never experienced such careless and unprofessional treatment with any other airline staff.

Customer Service How BA treats the elderly ravmistri British Airways Complaints 14 Jul 21, 2013 8:48 AM
Customer Service LUFTHANSA is no longer what it was... it does not care nor reply to its passengers johnefield Lufthansa Complaints 0 Sep 14, 2012 3:59 PM
Cathy Airline treats musicians like criminals harpgrrl Other Airline Complaints 5 Dec 12, 2011 7:38 PM
Cathy Airline treats musicians like criminals harpgrrl Other Airline Complaints 0 Sep 29, 2011 3:20 PM
Customer Service Northwest Airlines treats customers like...they don't need o jlynn5757 Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Apr 14, 2007 4:04 AM