Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:36 AM
shaps shaps is offline

Join Date: Nov 2016
Angry they cancelled my ticket

Travelled (UAL)ORD-YYZ, then YYZ-YMM(AC). UAL #843 was delayed leaving ORD. I hustled through customs, immigration and the terminal to find my connection at the gate. The agent closed the door because she had everyone on board. It was the only flight to YMM until the same time on the next day.

The AC agent said that UAL had cancelled my ticket, so she wasn't looking for me.

Trying to get another flight to YEG (Edmonton) that night and then YMM (Fort McMurray) the following morning was not possible because UAL had cancelled the ticket. I spoke to 2 phone agents (25 minutes on the phone) to get the ticket reinstated so Air Canada could issue me a ticket before the Edmonton flight departed.

UAL phone agent said to see UAL airport agents in YEG for a hotel. I had a guaranteed hotel in YMM that I wasn't going to be able to use.

There were no UAL agents at YEG when I arrived at 1AM so I searched for a room.

UAL has no explanation for the ticket cancellation and begrudgingly will reimburse my room in YEG but not the one lost in YMM or do anything to compensate the cancellation, my time or my arriving several hours late for my business appointment the next day.
Tags...
compensation not received, ual, united cancellation

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Ticket cancelled without information vikaschawla Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Jul 27, 2016 9:09 AM
Airline cancelled my ticket without noticing. Flight was not cancelled. What to do? golgol Other Airline Complaints 0 Dec 10, 2013 5:54 AM
Reservations Cancelled Ticket because of my Name Cruano Reservations 1 Aug 6, 2011 11:39 PM
Austrian Airlines cancelled my ticket! [email protected] Austrian Airlines Complaints 3 Dec 15, 2010 12:43 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Ticket cancelled ! Screwing up our Christmas ! Laffy American Airlines Complaints 4 Dec 23, 2009 5:25 AM