COMPLAINT: Pet Airways doesn't actually fly!

Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:13 AM
MadDog MadDog is offline

Join Date: Feb 2012

I booked a January flight for my dog on Pet Airways 2 months early. Only five days before her scheduled flight the airline emailed me to cancel stating that their "aircraft was not available".

I requested a refund, and received another email stating it had been processed and would arrive to me by check within 10-14 business days. They could not refund my card... I never received that refund and their customer service department claims they cannot access ANY information on the status of refunds. They now refuse to return my phone calls.

Luckily I was able to dispute the charge with my credit card company, and after much stress and panic book my dog with another airline. Shockingly (given the reviews) the airline I ended up having to go with on such short notice (Delta) was much more professional and informative and got my dog to me safe and happy. That just speaks more to how poor Pet Airways service is.

If this were an isolated incident that would be one thing, but during this process I started reading complaints and reviews elsewhere. This appears to be a common occurrence (perhaps even more common than them actually making a flight) with several BBB complaints, and several complaints on other sites about other December, January, and now February flights being canceled with little to no notice (and then not being refunded).

Beware sending this "company" your money, or trusting them to get your beloved 4-legged family member anywhere.

Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:56 AM
Shwst17 Shwst17 is offline

Join Date: Mar 2012

Stay away from pet airlines... They are crooks. I booked a Ticket for my dog on February 6, 2012. They cancelled 2 weeks later saying they would refund me the money in 30 days. I thought it was ridiculous that it would take 30 day, but I waited patiently. They have not returned my phone calls Or emails. I have yet to receive my refund. I am in the process of contacting my bank and the BBB to be refunded. Total scam!!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:17 PM
deepwaterblueeyes deepwaterblueeyes is offline

Join Date: Apr 2012

I have had the same problems with Pet Airways...have been trying to get a refund since January 2012. My pet was supposed to be on a flight to FL back in Nov. 2011, which they cancelled twice. They do not respond to phone calls, e-mails, etc. I think they have gone out of business. There was a very interesting article written about them in February 2012 in the New York Times. You can find it on google.
I gave up trying to contact them.. I filed a complaint with the BBB and the Florida State Attorney General's office.

cat, dog, pet, pet airways

British Airways: GB Airways sale to Easyjet iainf2806 Executive Club / Premier Complaints 0 Dec 10, 2007 10:54 AM