Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Horrible NWA Customer Service Experience

Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:06 PM

Earlier this week I had the unfortunate experience of flying NWA. After having to experience delayed flights on Monday, the nightmare experience happened on the return flights yesterday. The return flight from Portland, OR to Minneapolis was delayed by 2 hours, which caused several people on the flight to miss their connections. We were told several times during the flight that NWA agents would meet us at the gate to assist us with our connections. When we arrived at Minneapolis, there were NO NWA agents at the gate or anywhere close to the gate. I started walking towards the terminal area in the hopes of finding a NWA person that could help me, with no success. I finally went out of security to the terminal ticket counter, where I learned that a bus would be taking Duluth bound passengers to their destination due to cancelled flights. Myself and others in the same situation asked about our luggage and were told that our luggage would be retrieved and would be going with us on the bus. When we boarded the bus we were told that our luggage would be on a later bus. We were also told that NWA agents would meet our bus in Duluth to assist us. After the long bus ride to Duluth we arrived at the airport to NOT see any NWA agents anywhere. Here was a bus load of passengers, dumped at the airport with NO NWA employees to be seen anywhere, neither around the baggage claim area or at the NWA ticket counter. By this time, the group of passengers who were on the bus were becoming quite irate. The next bus that we had been told would have our luggage arrived, and still no luggage. Several people who were going to Duluth were also traveling on to resort canoe trips and were about to have their vacation plans ruined due to the luggage being held back in Minneapolis and not being delivered to Duluth as promised.

The thing that was upsetting to myself and several others that I talked to late yesterday was the broken promises that NWA had been making to their customers throughout the day in multiple locations throughout the NWA system. It had gotten to where it has become impossible for any of us to believe a word that a NWA employee tells us.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook