Old Jan 3, 2011, 4:54 AM
Boston_traveler Boston_traveler is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Lost Baggage and many other issue - HELP

We were suppose to fly from Cancun to Fort Lauderdale and then to Boston ..We reached FLL and then rechecked our 4 bags ..Flight was schedule at 2 PM ...waited for 4 hours for flight to go to Boston ..(Meanwhile all Jet blue flights departed for Boston) ..We also witnesses when we reached the gate at 1PM ..a Jet blue staff taken by Paramedics (for Naushea I guess) ..then the airline employe told us that they are waiting for some of their crew ( 1 member was missing) ..She also told me that they are trying to get replacement ..after 4+ hours of wait ..at around 6 PM they cancelled the flight ..rudely asked us to go to ticketing ..150+ folks were asked to go get "alternative" ..

After 1.5 hours in the line, when I reached the counter, she said I have to wait for 3 days .."WHAT?" ..or I can get the money I paid from FLL to BOS ..which is 177 per ticket ( we are family of 4 with 2 kids) ..I did not want to shut this option ..as She said you can do that later calling 1-800 number..I asked her to put us in another airline ..they have no connections to other airlines she said she cant accomodate any thing....I asked for Hotel ?? she said no ..your are on your own ??? Went to collect luggage, found we have 1 bag missing ( the lost the baggage within the airport Great)..they said it must have gone to Boston ..in another flight ..The guys were rude and frustrated .... I booked a flight to Atlanta via Delta for next evening ..then another overnight from Atlanta to Boston..Booked Hotel in FLL, rental car so that at least we can move, Booked a Hotel in Atlanta ...costing us a total of around $2200 ..We reached home after hopping all over ..Kids were tired and got sick as soon as we reached home ..well ...

Now when I call Jet blue after 30 minutes wait ...she is saying the flight was caclelled due to bad weather .????..I told he NO that is not the case ...she started arguing ....then during our arguments she checked some notes on the computer and she said..ya your flight was "missing Staff" ...then she realized she has to blame it on the weather ..so again started giving bad weather reason...I told her just now you ageed that it was "missing Staff".....She kept sayingthey will only give me $84 for each ticket??? I asked for supervisor ..she hung up on me ..

What are my options ? They say if the flight is delayed due to their fault they need to compensate?? Now they are playing the "weather" game ..which was 3 days back ..all the flights to Boston went ..excpet this one...Our luggage is still missing...no one has called yet ???

Please advise ..Help what are my options ....

Baggage Problems Delta baggage claim handling issue rklongo Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Dec 31, 2010 1:07 AM
Berlin baggage issue and Delta's miserable customer service jlg22_2000 Air Berlin Complaints 2 Dec 23, 2010 1:46 AM
TAP - baggage lost!!! Luiz Paiva Other Airline Complaints 2 Aug 24, 2010 12:18 PM
Baggage Problems Baggage Lost Sam Delta Air Lines Complaints 7 Jul 24, 2009 3:27 AM
Baggage Problems Lost Baggage TAGHREED MADANAT Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Feb 24, 2009 8:58 AM