COMPLAINT: Iberia, what a disaster...

Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:04 PM
TravelGirl03 TravelGirl03 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2011

I've always flown with Iberia when visiting Spain, and I've been to Spain over 30 times. This summer was the first time i've gone back in 6 years and I kept my tradition of flying via Iberia airlines. Let me start by saying that now that I am older, I get bad anxiety when nervous. When I sat in my assigned chair, I asked the flight attendant very nicely if I could have a cup of water since my anxiety was starting to kick in, she responded with "you will get a drink when we serve dinner".. Really? Dinner? That was a couple of hours away, not wanting to argue, I just sat back and tried to relax. In an 8 hour flight I received a total of two drinks.

The return flight was just a complete disaster, from beginning to end. I arrived in Santiago de Compostela 2 hours early, as requested. When I checked in my bag, they charged me an over weight limit fee. Mind you, it was maybe a couple of pounds over the limit, nothing drastic, yet again as not wanting to complain I paid the 50euros. I then made it to my terminal where they let us in the plane, only to sit on the runway for an hour making me get to Madrid 30 min before my connecting flight departed. As soon as the plane landed they advised me that my plane would not be waiting for me therefor I would be flying a different airlines. I flew via American Airlines instead of Iberia. When I arrived to my final destination guess what? My bag was missing..the one I paid the over weight fee for. I waited in a line for about 40 min to speak with an Iberia employee only to tell me that I needed to speak with American Airlines since I traveled with them, but my tickets were purchased via Iberia, I paid the over weight fee to Iberia and they were the ones I left my bag with. I then had to wait and speak with an American Airlines rep who assisted me kindly. When I finally arrived home, I called Iberia to complain and the first person I spoke with hung up on me. The second person said "I should go in person and talk to the lady who charged me", really? The lady in Santiago de Compostela? He pretty much said tough luck to me. No apologies, no caring, no nothing.

They are beyond horrible and I will never travel via Iberia airlines again.

Iberia -- Flight booked/paid on iberia.com not honored drhongjiang Iberia Complaints 4 Jul 10, 2011 5:00 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked U. WON'T BELIEVE OUR US AIR DISASTER! (long) TRIXI Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 6 Jul 30, 2010 7:01 PM
Jet Blue Disaster AmandaESD JetBlue Airways Complaints 0 Mar 26, 2010 7:36 PM
Jet Blue Disaster AmandaESD JetBlue Airways Complaints 0 Mar 26, 2010 7:35 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Help with a disaster POSADA20 American Airlines Complaints 0 Dec 25, 2008 4:17 PM