COMPLAINT: Iberia - denied me from taking a flight and than cancel my ticket

Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:54 AM
sky2013 sky2013 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2013

Letter of complain to Iberia. Reference number - 1-13JA11J

hello,
on the 26 of sep i came to the flight that was heading to miami. the iberia representative didnít let me go on the flight cause i didnít had a return ticket to Israel. i had an onward ticket from usa to central America but not return to israel. this roundtrip ticket started in costa rica and this time it was the return ticket as my base at the moment is in central America and not in Israel.
i check with my agent and the international law say-"an airline that send a passenger without a return ticket or an outward ticket, will be subject to a 10k$ fine". so i had a outward ticket so why i was denied from that flight? i lost a conference i was going to attend in the us. in the check in counter i was told that i should talk with my agent and will have to pay a fine of $175 to be able to make a new reservation. When my agent try to do it, he couldnít cause in the computer it said - "didnít show up for the flight", I did show up for that flight, unfortunately i couldnít take it cause of your stupid regulation, that doesnít have any hold in reality. so i try to be heard by u about my misfortune, so i can rebook my flight asap, as i need to be in costa rica already. i discover u dont have an office in israel, instead u r paying a third company for the helpdesk services. i try to explain my self a few times to those phone girls and they didnít really wanted to listen or try to help, they just wanted to prove me i was wrong and that there is nothing i can do but to buy a new ticket. so after a while i realize im fighting with windmills, i gave up and bought a new round-trip from Israel to costa rica. Now i have a new date for my flight, cause me another $1370, i did it cause i couldnít fight any more for what i believe is right, i need to return to costa rica. so now, im writing and hoping someone reasonable and that understand that a happy customer is one of your main objectives, will read this. i expect iberia to compensate me for this extra ticket i bought, for the aggravation i went through, im putting aside all what i lost by not being able to take my initial flight on time. if u will not see the reason of this massage i will create a facebook group of all those who got hearted from Iberia.

Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:17 PM
azstar azstar is offline

You don't say whether you had a Costa Rica visa, or not. Israel citizens must have a visa for the USA, and must have a prepaid airline,bus, or cruise ticket leaving Costa Rica. If you have that, you can enter Costa Rica for 90 days.
If you don't, you must have a visa for Costa Rica, or a permanent resident card. Your onward ticket from Costa Rica does not have to be back to Israel, but it has to be to a different country.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 8:59 AM
bilingual bilingual is offline

Join Date: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by sky2013 View Post
Letter of complain to Iberia. Reference number - 1-13JA11J

hello,
The question is solely whether you had fullfilled the Visa rules for Costa Rica and the US, you need to check whether you or the airline has been right.

iberia, misfortune, regulations, service

Customer Service Ticket without a ticket number. Cancel and you lose your money. MikeT29 Lufthansa Complaints 2 May 10, 2013 2:35 PM
Check-in / Boarding Online Check-in denied as Spirit demands illegal fees for ticket bought at counter spiritedflyer Spirit Airlines Complaints 2 Nov 6, 2011 2:40 AM
Iberia -- Flight booked/paid on iberia.com not honored drhongjiang Iberia Complaints 4 Jul 10, 2011 5:00 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Cancel Flight FrancesLasVegas Delta Air Lines Complaints 4 Feb 23, 2010 12:47 AM
Reservations Ticket Cancel?! skram American Airlines Complaints 1 Jun 9, 2009 7:04 AM