COMPLAINT: iberia changed my flight without consent

Old Jan 11, 2014, 6:09 PM
unflatteredtraveler unflatteredtraveler is offline

Join Date: Jan 2014

I booked my flight to la Coruņa from Madrid through Iberias' website. They took it upon themselves to change my flight from and 11:30 am flight to a 7:30 am flight without any warning. Mind you I will not be arriving to Madrid untill 8:30 am. I called immediately after the website checkout and advise them of the situation. They told me I have to pay additional fees to change flights. Or email them directly for a review. I have emailed then and gotten no response. I have called, visted the counter at the airport and still the situation is not corrected. I am at my wits end. I do not know what other recourse to take for them to put me in my original flight without paying a penalty as it was notymy fault. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do. The flights cost me five hundred dollars for six people and they are telling me the service fee to change it is $560.00 dollars for all six thats double what I paid for and it wasn't my fault. As the days pass the flight get booked and the prices rise. I do not know who can I tell my sob story to and get my situation corrected.

Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:29 PM
bilingual bilingual is offline

Join Date: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by unflatteredtraveler View Post
How did they "change" it? - your booking confirmation email contains the flights you have paid for and accepted, if Iberia later have changed the departure times, you have a solid cause, otherwise you have not been alert when you booked the flight.

double charging, iberia airlines, no help airline, service fee

Iberia changed day of flight Wasilij Iberia Complaints 0 Sep 18, 2013 1:17 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Changed my flight without notice Ashleighwylie Spirit Airlines Complaints 3 May 9, 2012 12:00 AM
Iberia -- Flight booked/paid on iberia.com not honored drhongjiang Iberia Complaints 4 Jul 10, 2011 5:00 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Changed itinerary, booked us in earlier flight, original flight still exists flyer1998 Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 3 May 12, 2011 5:34 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight canceled / changed chatakat Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 9 Jul 19, 2009 1:09 AM