COMPLAINT: Child service not provided

Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:12 PM
hypnoguru hypnoguru is offline

Join Date: Aug 2016

I wrote to Iberia so many times, and all I have been hearing is that it has been passed on for a solution since February 2016

(This the very first E mail I sent Iberia)

REF: 8UQMEL
LEON NETTO VARGAS
IB64048762
Dear Sir/Madam
I have paid for an unaccompanied minor service for the above booking and flight details below. But I now have someone to travel with my son. So I called your customer service department to explain that I no longer require this service for this flight. So that I could use this fee for the next time my son has to use this service.
IBERIA

San Jose de Costa Rica
10 December
10:30

Madrid

I have used this service many times before. But I was told that I could not have a credit or refund for what I have paid. I find this unacceptable. As I have used this service with Iberia many, many times before. And I Use Iberia myself 2/4 times a year, and have done so the last 10 years. Also the last time my son travelled from Costa Rica. He was delayed by one day because of one of the check in staff not knowing what he was doing when checking in an unaccompanied minor.
So I would be very grateful for a positive response from yourselves.
Kind Regards
Mr Netto
IB60537891
[email protected]

(This e mail is the one I sent after the service was not provided)

10/12/15 Ib3176 Mad - Lhr ( Madrid - London ) class q

09/12/15 Ib6314 Sjo - Mad ( San Jose - Madrid ) Class q

Dear Sir/Madam

I Can not believe that I have to write this e mail regarding my sons flight above.

I paid for an unaccompanied minor service. Which did not happen for the above flights.

A friend of mine happened to be travelling on the same flights. And as his mother was checking in my son, so did my friend at the same time. At which point she asked about the unaccompanied minor service to be activated. But was then told as he has someone to travel with that they would not be giving the service that I had already paid for. (If you were in my place, what would be thinking right now.)

And to make things worse the person in question dealing with the check-in just was laughing as he said this. His name is Jafit Solis.

So Again at the departure gate my friend questioned JAFIT SOLIS about the the UM service. And once again he laughed again saying it was not needed. How dare he question what my SON needed. I had paid for a service that was not provided. And it was asked not once but twice, and refused in a sarcastic way.

What if my friend had to break his journey where would that leave my son ?

I would like to know what Iberia is going to do about this. As I will not let this be dropped. If your a parent reading then I am sure you understand my anger with this treatment.

Regards
NIXON NETTO
IB60537891

In-flight Issue No vegetarian meal provided in Air Mauritius MR 748 sultania Other Airline Complaints 0 Jul 19, 2016 6:15 PM
Customer Service Incorrect Info Provided/Dog Not Allowed to Travel AngryPetOwner American Airlines Complaints 0 Jan 30, 2016 7:28 AM
Customer Service No service provided without asking for extra money Crysc American Airlines Complaints 1 Dec 12, 2012 8:36 PM
Reservations Etihad Portal: No Fare Rules Provided alfiesmam Etihad Airways Complaints 6 Feb 1, 2012 10:33 PM
Customer Service My customer service agent acts like a child Princessbeth1 Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Mar 31, 2009 12:47 PM