Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Delay 3,5 hours in flight to add fuel in another airport

Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:02 PM

Last week on wednesday (15/06/2016), coming from Palma de Maiorca to Madrid (should arrived near 8 pm), the plane was forced to stop in Valencia airport to refuel, as did not had enough spare fuel to wait in Madrid for the instructions to land. Bad planning of the flight... Imagine if there was a real problem and we needed to land in an airport that was much further?!
For passengers like me, that added 3 hours inside the plane to a 1 hour trip. We were not able to go outside, and we were not served with water or food. We arrived at Madrid near midnight.
My flight to Lisbon was at 11 pm. I lost it. No one from the crew gave any information about the connection flights. When asked, just gave me directions to an Iberia desk that was already closed. I had to find my way through a almost 100% closed airport. I had to go to 3 different locations in the airport to get a ticket for the day after, to get my luggage (that they didn't find on time) and to get accommodation and transfer. People from Iberia were never nice or helpful or say they were sorry, giving only basic information.
After finding the transfer (not easy), at the "cheap" hotel they provided me a room that was recently and visibly used before. The place to eat was obviously closed. I had to argue for them to gave another room... When i solved almost all the problems there was almost 3 am.... and I had to be at the airport again at 6 am. I could not have breakfast there also because it was opened after 2 am.
This was the worst experience I had with a air company, and probably the worst experience I had with customer service in any company.
I would love to receive an explanation.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
bad accommodation, iberia, refuel, unprofessional, worst airline ever