COMPLAINT: Iberia, what a disaster...

Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:04 PM
TravelGirl03 TravelGirl03 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2011

I've always flown with Iberia when visiting Spain, and I've been to Spain over 30 times. This summer was the first time i've gone back in 6 years and I kept my tradition of flying via Iberia airlines. Let me start by saying that now that I am older, I get bad anxiety when nervous. When I sat in my assigned chair, I asked the flight attendant very nicely if I could have a cup of water since my anxiety was starting to kick in, she responded with "you will get a drink when we serve dinner".. Really? Dinner? That was a couple of hours away, not wanting to argue, I just sat back and tried to relax. In an 8 hour flight I received a total of two drinks.

The return flight was just a complete disaster, from beginning to end. I arrived in Santiago de Compostela 2 hours early, as requested. When I checked in my bag, they charged me an over weight limit fee. Mind you, it was maybe a couple of pounds over the limit, nothing drastic, yet again as not wanting to complain I paid the 50euros. I then made it to my terminal where they let us in the plane, only to sit on the runway for an hour making me get to Madrid 30 min before my connecting flight departed. As soon as the plane landed they advised me that my plane would not be waiting for me therefor I would be flying a different airlines. I flew via American Airlines instead of Iberia. When I arrived to my final destination guess what? My bag was missing..the one I paid the over weight fee for. I waited in a line for about 40 min to speak with an Iberia employee only to tell me that I needed to speak with American Airlines since I traveled with them, but my tickets were purchased via Iberia, I paid the over weight fee to Iberia and they were the ones I left my bag with. I then had to wait and speak with an American Airlines rep who assisted me kindly. When I finally arrived home, I called Iberia to complain and the first person I spoke with hung up on me. The second person said "I should go in person and talk to the lady who charged me", really? The lady in Santiago de Compostela? He pretty much said tough luck to me. No apologies, no caring, no nothing.

They are beyond horrible and I will never travel via Iberia airlines again.

Old Jan 21, 2012, 1:52 PM
motherofzeus motherofzeus is offline

Join Date: Jan 2012

I recently travelled round trip from Athens to Miami and back booked on Iberia by my company's travel agency. The trip over was uneventful but then.... I made reservations to travel to Canada to visit my son before returning to Europe and was to arrive back for my 1/17/12 Miami departure the evening before. Just before travelling to Canada I found out Iberia had moved my departure up by one day and my flight would leave while I was still in Canada. They did not notify me or the travel agency, I found out by accident only. I had to at my own expense change my return flight from Canada and I did. I checked in at Miami, checked my bags thru to Greece and was assured that my carry on and personal item was fine. When I reached Madrid I stopped at the ticket counter to get my departure gate and the agent took my boarding pass and told me I had to check my carry on and pay $200 Euros or I would not leave Madrid. My carry on was standard size and allowed on everyother airline I've ever travelled (many) and was okay with Iberia in Miami but this agent said that the rules are different in Madrid so I was held hostage until I paid and they took my bag with meds, jewelry and other valuables inside. On boarding the plane I watched at least half the plane board with the same or larger carry ons and we left with space in the overhead bins as the flight was not full anyway. I too will NEVER fly Iberia again. They are unprofessional and change the rules mid trip.

Iberia, what a disaster... TravelGirl03 Iberia Complaints 0 Nov 16, 2011 6:04 PM
Iberia -- Flight booked/paid on iberia.com not honored drhongjiang Iberia Complaints 4 Jul 10, 2011 5:00 PM
Jet Blue Disaster AmandaESD JetBlue Airways Complaints 0 Mar 26, 2010 7:36 PM
Jet Blue Disaster AmandaESD JetBlue Airways Complaints 0 Mar 26, 2010 7:35 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Help with a disaster POSADA20 American Airlines Complaints 0 Dec 25, 2008 3:17 PM