Old Mar 8, 2010, 11:13 PM

Default Same Flight, Same Time, Same Airport, but I am wrong!

I booked a flight to Maui with my husband, but he ended up not being able to go. I called United and asked what I should do. I could not transfer the ticket to my sister, so I spend another $1,400 to book the same flights. I thought the United rep was doing me a favor by telling me to book the same flights online for cheaper, but when I went to cancel my husband and have my sister sit in his seats, I was told that she and I were on different return flights. However, BOTH return flights were flight 0044 at 1:15 out of Maui. They said I booked the wrong one when I booked my sister and I should have looked at the connection, since that was different. In order to correct this, I have to pay them over $650!! How can it be that there are TWO flights that are exactly the same leaving the same airport at the same time?? I could and can not beleive how rude and unhelpful they were to me. It was my fault they said! I really think this is a huge problem and I have no idea why they won't put my sister in my husbands seat...we paid for it and can't even use it! I hate them and I don't hate anyone. I can not have my younger sister flying home across the ocean and US on a different flight. How was I supposed to know there were two the same??? How would any consumer??
Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:58 PM

How can they have two different flights with the same flight number?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:19 PM

This is my pain. I contacted the FAA about it.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:11 PM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Send a message via AIM to ChrisH

The FAA can't do anything about it. They deal with safety related issues, etc. You need to contact the DOT with your complaint.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 6:46 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

are you on the same flight out of maui (UA0044 at 1:15)...BUT on different connecting flights to your final destination (like a connection in HNL one leaving at one time and one leaving at another time?)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
The FAA can't do anything about it. They deal with safety related issues, etc. You need to contact the DOT with your complaint.

It was my fault they said! I really think this is a huge problem and I have no idea why they won't put my sister in my husbands seat...we paid for it and can't even use it! I hate them and I don't hate anyone. I can not have my younger sister flying home across the ocean and US on a different flight.

cheap jerseys
2012 nike nfl jerseys
Cheap Los Angeles Kings Jerseys
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortney View Post
are you on the same flight out of maui (UA0044 at 1:15)...BUT on different connecting flights to your final destination (like a connection in HNL one leaving at one time and one leaving at another time?)
I think this is the case. There is NO way 2 flights of the same airline/same origin/same destination can take off at the same time. OP - can you confirm this?

More options...