Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:42 PM
cvenky cvenky is offline

Join Date: Jan 2015
Default Etihad airways, name correction

I am flying on Jan 22nd from JFK to HYD India, but I used the first 6 letters of my first name at orbitz.com as my actual first name is too long. I did not realize that it is required by airlines that I have to use my complete full name for the international booking. I use first six letters for all MY domestic flights. I called orbitz and they informed me that Etihad airlines is not allowing any name corrections and I have to cancel the ticket with no refunds. This is very FRUSTRATING, I was hoping that I would be able to correct the name with some additional fees. I am at complete loss and I can't afford to cancel and rebook the ticket. I am looking for some help as to what I need to do here.

Thanks
Venkat.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:09 AM
cvenky cvenky is offline

Join Date: Jan 2015
Default This is very frustrating..

Can someone suggest what to do?

Reservations First Name Correction Problems Thomas.j.r.r Etihad Airways Complaints 10 Mar 13, 2015 8:51 PM
etihad airways jamesbicky Etihad Airways Complaints 1 Apr 11, 2013 8:35 AM
Customer Service ETIHAD airways Manzrek Etihad Airways Complaints 8 Oct 20, 2008 7:22 AM
Customer Service Etihad Airways Manzrek Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Oct 15, 2008 3:51 AM
Customer Service Etihad Airways kavioka Etihad Airways Complaints 5 Oct 8, 2008 1:10 PM