Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:37 AM
OJS OJS is offline

Join Date: Mar 2018
Angry Bag damaged beyond repair - no compensation

Hello Air France, I hope you check out this forum.

Never flown with you before, probably won’t ever again. I gave you my bag in Paris, you returned it damaged beyond repair, but you won’t compensate me. I really am a bit grumpy.

The amazing thing here is that you are telling me that I should have submitted a damage report when I collected the bag at the airport. Well guess what? The bag wasn’t delivered to an airport because you lost it as well! Double whammy!

When you found the lost bag and delivered it to me a day or two later, damaged (beyond repair), I was three hour’s drive from the airport, up in the Austrian Alps, nowhere near a luggage damage report counter. So, sorry I can’t provide the report you requested.

I have provided you with a photo of the damaged bag, an email from a repairer stating that the bag is damaged beyond repair, and details of a very modestly priced, suitable replacement bag.
Your email to me states:
“Having reinvestigated your claim, I am afraid we cannot constructively add to our previous correspondence.”
“Please be assured that we will never deny compensation to a passenger in situations where it's awarding is applicable.”

Rubbish. It appears to me that your standard response to luggage damage claims is to deny them without even looking at the facts.

In case you do actually care about customer service, check out all the details in the following reference from your “Asia Pacific Customer Care” (!!) folks.
10904342001.

Last edited by OJS; Mar 21, 2018 at 9:41 AM.

Baggage Problems Damaged Bags and no compensation yvonne pledger Emirates Complaints 0 Feb 24, 2017 1:24 AM
Customer Service Damaged bag traveler1516 Qantas Complaints 0 Dec 10, 2016 4:10 PM
Baggage Problems Damaged odawn Etihad Airways Complaints 0 May 28, 2016 9:26 AM
Baggage Problems Paid $81 extra for luggage, got damaged, they won't repair seigler Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Apr 26, 2007 11:59 AM