COMPLAINT: Malaysian Airlines

Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:06 AM

Join Date: Jan 2011

This morning the 7th of January 2011, MAS staff in the Penang Airport - Malaysia refused me to let me fly to Bandung Indonesia with the message that I need a visa to go there. In spite of my assurance that a Visa on Arrival (VOA) is given in Bandung, they insisted I could not fly there. My ticket was cancelled. I contacted the MAS in KL and in Penang, but both referred me to an MAS E-mail address. I am aware that it is the responsibility of the passenger to check whether he needs a Visa or not, therefore I visited, long before booking, the websites of:

the Indonesian Embassy www.kbrikuallumpur.org in Kuala Lumpur
the Indonesian Embassy www.embassyofindonesia.org in the US
the Indonesian Embassy www.kbri-canberra.org.au in Australia
the Lonely Planet travel Forum www.lonelyplanet.com Bandung Visa on Arrival?

All are very clear that a VOA is given to people from the Netherlands (my nationality) on the Hussein Sastranegara airport in Bandung. Moreover there are many more websites with the same message. In conclusion I did my homework (booked the ticket already on the 22nd of December) and do not understand why I was not allowed to fly. I am a frequent traveler and am not so stupid not to verify whether I need a visa or not. If I, as a layman, can find that I do not need a visa for Bandung, why can the MAS not do the same, being the professionals.

Please do not come with the excuse that there is no refund on this ticket. I blame the MAS for the full 100% and hope that you come up with some decent compensation. The MAS spoiled my holidays, made friends in Bandung unhappy and gave me now a lot of extra work.

If you need any further info I will be happy to supply them.

Kind regards from an unhappy customer,

Any suggestions?????

Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:28 AM
bilingual bilingual is offline

Join Date: Oct 2010

It seems like the timatic for MAS either is not up-to-date or that Indonesia has changed its policy regarding VOA without updating their websites.
Regardless you have a very valid claim and should be fully compensated, if MAS is not going to take action in Malaysia, send it to the department in the Netherlands, i assume you bought the ticket here?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:10 PM

Join Date: Jan 2011

Bilingual, thanks for your reply. Pretty sure it is due to not updating the timatic. The websites mentioned were all of a recent date. Older websites do not mention Bandung as eligible for VOA. Bought the ticket over the Internet in Malaysia. They will investigate and come back to me in 7 working days. Threatened them with Small Claim Court if not. Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:41 AM

Join Date: Jan 2011

Today we write 2 of March, nearly 8 weeks after my first complaint to MAS for not allowing me to fly to Bandung from Penang airport. I am stillwaiting for a reply from Tengku Zuraya who has promised me to reply 3 times after my 8 requests, but I have still not got any. Also their PR Department, which promised to reply 3 months ago within 3 days, never came back to me. I wrote to the Malay Mail, which has a section for consumer complaints, but they seem afraid for the "big brother" and never published this genuine complaint. Make you wonder why all these people are employed for doing nothing. Anyhow we continue with our quest to get some justice, but it is a real disappointing experience and shows that malaysia is far from a developed nation, something they want to achieve by 2020.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:26 AM
Tinkerbell Tinkerbell is offline

Join Date: Oct 2015

Flew Malaysian 4 years ago, and they lost my baggage, this was coming back to Auckland. Since then I have vowed myself never to fly again, but out of a choice in dates I had to take MH again on 17/09 to attend my cousins wedding. Flight was delayed 2hrs in Auckland which gave me a lay over in KUL for 6hrs. No accommodation, no apologies, ground staff in KL seems to be lost and on their own. Anyways, I am tired of writing complaints which I did to MH and still waiting on a reply a week ago.. I have already influence 8 people on this summer holiday to avoid MH and they have.. Dont want them to ruin their vacation.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:19 AM
mattbrown mattbrown is offline

Join Date: Aug 2019

Apple Support Phone Number is here to help. Contact Apple Support Number by phone for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and more. Call +18338005666 Support number, tech support phone number, tech support number, technical support phone number, Customer support phone number, Customer support number, apple support number, apple phone number, apple number, apple customer service, apple customer service number, apple customer support, apple tech support, apple tech support number, apple technical support, apple tech support phone number, apple technical support phone number, apple id support number, apple id support phone number, itunes support, itunes customer service, iphone help, apple iphone support, apple iphone support number, mac support, mac help, sync contacts from iphone to mac, how to import contacts from iphone to mac, mac support number, ipad help, ipad support, apple ipad support, how to sync contacts from iphone to ipad, macbook support, macbook technical support, macbook tech support, macbook support phone number, macbook support number, macintosh support, macintosh help, apple help, apple help number, apple help desk, safari help, safari support, apple safari support, safari tech support, safari technical support phone number, apple safari help, icloud support, icloud help, set up icloud, icloud setup,
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:23 AM
mattbrown mattbrown is offline

Join Date: Aug 2019

Netgear Support Number for Indie Netgear Support. Check Netgear Article & Netgear Support Phone Number for Independent Support. Call +18338005666
contact support phone number, contact support, contact phone number, contact number, support phone number, Support number, tech support phone number, tech support number, technical support phone number, Customer support phone number, Customer support number, Customer service number, Customer service phone number, Technical help number, Technical support number
netgear support, netgear support chat, netgear support number, netgear support phone, netgear support phone number, netgear router support, netgear router support number, netgear router support phone number, support netgear, net gear support, netgear setup, netgear router setup, netgear extender, netgear extender setup, netgear extenders, setup netgear extender, netgear router extender, netgear router extender setup, netgear range extender setup, netgear customer service, netgear customer service number, netgear customer service phone number, netgear router customer service number netgear customer support, netgear customer support phone number, netgear tech support, netgear tech support number, netgear tech support phone number, netgear router tech support, netgear router tech support phone number, netgear router technical support phone number, netgear technical support, netgear technical support phone number, netgear phone number, netgear phone support, netgear contact, netgear contact number, call netgear, contact netgear, phone number for netgear, netgear number, netgear help, netgear helpline, netgear router help