COMPLAINT: Lost baggage for 136 days!(0235203203 – TK203203)

Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:39 PM
seventytwo72 seventytwo72 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2011

This is probably the worst thing that has ever happened to me.And I have never seen such a bad treatment like United Airlines.It has been 136 days since they lost my baggage.They didn't return it nor compensated for it.I just would like you to read the following.
1-They lost my baggage on the 18th of June 2011 .I filled the baggage claim form one week later but they claimed that- they got the claim document on the 29th of July!

2-I sent them mails to learn the latest situation of my baggage but they always sent the same copy-paste message just after 2 seconds saying that time limit for a missing bag is 90 days.

3-When I attempted to phone them I generally couldn't get any satisfying answer.They repeated the same thing as in their automatic mails.

4-Upon my return form the Usa to my country which had been 42 days they closed the file claiming that they delivered the baggage to me.I just wondered if this was a joke!But no,they were quite serious on this.

5-And finally their latest joke only nine days ago which is as the following.
Acknowledg​ement from United Airlines Central Baggage Service - 12723275B
Dear Mr. Kandemir, Regrettably we have been unable to locate your property. Please accept our sincere apology for this occurrence. At this time your baggage claim has been sent to our Claims office for resolution. Within 45-60 days of receipt of your written claim, you will be contacted by a Claim Representative as to the conclusion of your claim. Even though your claim has left our tracing area, we will continue our tracing efforts and if successful, we will return your property promptly. For additional inquiries, we can also be reached via email at [email protected] We want to extend our apology for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Yours Sincerely, United Airlines Central Baggage Services

Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:47 AM
Jetliner Jetliner is offline

Join Date: May 2008

Actually, this isn't all that unusual of a time frame for some of the airlines. It can actually take 6-8 months on some of the larger airlines to settle a claim, which doesn't make it right, but that can actually be the norm in some cases.

One of the bigger problems you are facing is the size of United airlines, and hence why you got the automated responses. It's no different than any other mega-huge corporation these days. They are simply too big to handle that end of the problem.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:15 PM
seventytwo72 seventytwo72 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2011

I just wonder how much does United Airlines pay you for this job!?

I thought my English was not so good but now I am sure that I am great at least -on'' reading'' .How can you call them a'' big company?''Even customer service officer of United Airlines wouldn't manage to defend the company so sucessful as you did!

Please delete your post!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:37 AM
Marie Jean Marie Jean is offline

Join Date: Nov 2011

• 1 human as me = 105 pounds
  • total weight of my bag and my husband bag = inferior to my weight
  • surplus of one bag 3 pounds taxed by UA "only" 100 $
  • no cabin bag
  • my thin person travelled squezed between 600 pounds persons
  • United Airlines do not reimbursed me as they promised and make me send by mail and call them several times ( means the tactics of let it go )
Please note :

1. Wihin my position as PM, my company of 6'000 persons will never purchase a UA ticket ( and when I say never, it is never )

2. I will send my case to ALL who want to hear me - that is a perfect publicity for 100 $ surtax of thin human

3. I think UA should tax thin persons not 100 $, but 10'000 $

A very proud thin ex - customer with 105 pounds weight

Last edited by Marie Jean; Nov 8, 2011 at 9:39 AM. Reason: Because my brain is also thin
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:13 PM

What are we to conclude from this bizarre complaint?

You are thin and proud of it and should pay less?

You were seated next to a fat person and want to be compensated?

You want to be compensated because the fat person was heavier than you?

You want to be compensated because you didn't carry hand luggage?

You want to be compensated because your bags were heavier than you?

You weighed your fellow passengers and discovered they were 600lbs?

You are nuts?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:53 PM
Marie Jean Marie Jean is offline

Join Date: Nov 2011

Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
What are we to conclude from this bizarre complaint?

You are thin and proud of it and should pay less?

You were seated next to a fat person and want to be compensated?

You want to be compensated because the fat person was heavier than you?

You want to be compensated because you didn't carry hand luggage?

You want to be compensated because your bags were heavier than you?

You weighed your fellow passengers and discovered they were 600lbs?

You are nuts?

Don't know who is "nuts".

I did not insulted you, so please be so kind and please make the effort to adapt your communication. Of course, if you can ...

Any intelligent person could understand my inconvenience.

It is about absence of flexibiliy in appling rules. I did not say rules are not good. I only say in some cases a minimal flexibility is an advantage when choosing one company or other.

So, in this particular case, UA should take into account :
1. thin passanger
2. a family was not considered such
3. family with 2 lagguages + 1 cabin bag = total weight of all those 79 lbs
4. one family bag only 20 lbs -> no space to take the 7 lbs )
5. other family bag 44 lbs -> from which that famous 7 lbs excedeent
6. correct sizes & weight of the cabin bag = 15 lbs weight

Let's resume :

The family got only 2 total check-in bags + one cabin bag with a total per family of all bags : 79 lbs.

We did fully respect the policy of UA and not wish to disturb other passangers by taking into the plaine the 20 lbs bags, because the size was 2 inches more.

We did consider is not very polite towards other passangers. An aircraft is planned to keep in the cabin a standard size. An aircraft has a limited space up passangers.

As to date, I do understant this from UA :

A 600+ lbs passanger can carry herself more weight in the plain, squize other passangers and moreover, manipulating dangerously over my head HUUUUGE heavy cabin bag and sizes. As a passanger, I consider very dangereous for my head to get a huge bag on my head. It is very risky - chances are you really get "nuts".

In the same time, a 105 lbs thin person is surtaxed 100 $ for 7 lb because they was polite and choosed to respect other passangers and not to take into the craft a hand bag with 2 inches more.

It is unfair !

What UA should do :

In my opinion, UA should care more about the safety of their passangers DURING THE FLYGHT and tax hand cabin bags whose size & weight are way superior of their policy.

Commercially speaking, it is not the very good ideea to make pay a thin respectful passanger.

Well, the opposite is not correct either. So ... Lesson learned. I will become just like others, tooking HUUUGE bags into the plain and blocking the walk of other passangers. There will be difficult to get @ 600 lbs as weight, but with efforts, we can do everything !

PS. even smilies are limited when posting ! What a joke ! LOL
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:46 PM

Marie Jean,
You really want United to take into account thin passengers. How will this work.... do you want all the passengers to be weighed... or do you want the staff to make a judgement who is thin? What if one staff member thought you were thin, but another didn't? Can you anticipate any problems with that? Your solution would introduce more unfairness... and it is ridiculous...

Baggage Problems British Airways: Baggage lost for 21 days, still no compensation Shaddow British Airways Complaints 2 Mar 9, 2014 7:40 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked $200 is good enough for 2 days lost. pianoronni37 Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Aug 26, 2010 11:14 AM
easyjet lost luggage 11 days TammyMarsh easyJet Complaints 10 Aug 24, 2010 6:09 PM
Baggage Problems 67 Days and Still Waiting for a Response for my Lost Bag terrinicole United Airlines Complaints 1 Jul 10, 2007 11:23 PM
Baggage Problems BAGGAGE LOST FOR OVER 3 DAYS/LIABILITY FOR MEDICAL COSTS jpc Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Jun 6, 2007 8:52 AM