COMPLAINT: AeroMexico Flight AM2683 (June 29/30, 2017)

Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:31 PM
ScottGower ScottGower is offline

Join Date: Jul 2017

On June 29, 2017 ... Aeromexico Flight 2683 arrived in Mexico City airspace and the Captain informed the passengers that the plane would have to refuel in Acapulco due to inclement weather in Mexico City.

The website time and date dot com reports NO inclement weather on that date or at the time that AM 2683 was to land. I observed partly cloudy skies from my window seat as well.

The ground crew in Acapulco was unprepared for AM2683's arrival and the fueling was delayed.

After refueling, AM 2683 returned to the air landed AFTER my connecting flight AM 684 was scheduled to depart at 1:05 AM on June 30.

A female connection agent met me at the baggage claim and informed me that that AM 684 had not been held and had departed. The female agent was unhelpful, dismissive and rude. In fact, she had taken a personal cell phone call at the connections desk prior to assisting passengers of AM 2683 which lasted many minutes. She escorted us to the Aeromexico counter where we waited 30 or more minutes to speak to a representative.

The representative at the Aeromexico counter informed me that there were NO flights to Quito until 1:05 AM on July 1. I asked if she could book me on another airline and she informed me that because the delay was weather related Aeromexico had no obligation to accommodate me. She booked me on AM684 for July 1. I asked where I was to wait for the next 24 hours and she said Aeromexico had no obligation to pay for lodgings. She gave me food vouchers for the airport.

I immediately logged onto Travelocity.com and found a Copa Airlines flight to Quito leaving that afternoon which was in fact OPERATED BY AEROMEXICO! I booked that ticket myself and waited in the Mexico City Airport for 14 hours.

What would have taken 10 hours took me 22.

Disturbing conclusions:
  • At best, Aeromexico either chose not to fuel the plane properly in Dallas or failed to account for weather in Mexico City
  • Furthermore, Aeromexico did not properly communicate with the Acapulco airport to perform an efficient fueling
  • At worst, Aeromexico personnel misinformed the passengers of AM 2683 of the nature of the rerouting of the flight AND available flights to Quito that next day.

aeromexico, dallas, kayak, mexico city, vayama

Aeromexico 9/15/13 connecting flight 632 liliandes Other Airline Complaints 1 Sep 24, 2013 10:31 AM
AeroMexico Flight Cancallation poolboy Other Airline Complaints 0 Jul 18, 2013 9:11 PM
Reservations flight no. 4236, June 20, 2011 Marn United Airlines Complaints 2 Jun 26, 2011 6:32 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked American Airlines Fiasco June 28-June 30, 2007 LGA - DFW neelyreynolds American Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 11, 2007 6:54 PM