Reservations
COMPLAINT: Lost seat assignments for twin 6 year olds / merger challenges

Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:37 PM
egrossman egrossman is offline

Join Date: Dec 2010

Our 6 year old children lost seat assignments for a 9 hour trip and United will not help us out. My family of four booked a trip in August 2011 for a March spring break trip to Maui. We specifically paid for an over the phone reservation agent ($25 extra/ticket) because of a combination of paid and miles tickets and to ensure our two 6 year old kids would sit next to their parents.

A week ago, I logged into the new/old Continental site and noticed our kids were no longer attached to my record and did not have seat assignments. Several multi-hour phone calls later, we still don't have seat assignments for all four segments and I will likely have to pay for baggage fees for my children. Even the international manager on duty complained that their systems right now are tough to use and waiting several hours to change a seat "was not unreasonable to ask." She tried to assist but "could do nothing about it."

I wish United would rectify the situation ahead of gate check in to make our very expensive trip seamless.

lost seat assignment

Customer Service American/Iberia reservations not willing to make seat assignments Evonnekok American Airlines Complaints 2 Jan 22, 2012 11:35 PM
Customer Service According to Delta, it's OK to seat a 2-year-old on his own for 15 hours. Stressed Mom Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Nov 27, 2011 2:20 PM
Seat assignments = $200 per leg on rewards conrad49 OnePass Complaints 1 Jun 18, 2010 7:34 AM
Customer Service Southwest must have a thing against four year olds annoyed in STL Southwest Airlines Complaints 10 Feb 19, 2009 6:04 PM
Reservations Premium seat assignments noclot Delta Air Lines Complaints 4 Oct 12, 2008 5:41 PM