COMPLAINT: Immoral, fraud way of handling baggage

Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:44 AM
nabiha.z.khan nabiha.z.khan is offline

Join Date: Jul 2019

I travelled from Istanbul to Kayseri on Turkish Airlines flight TK 7296 on 22nd June 2019. The flight was delayed for 2 hours and upon reaching Kayseri, our baggage didn't come. We waited for 30 minutes, only to meet the person who informed that our baggage was left in Istanbul as the flight was overweight. We weren't provided with any proper reports for the same and the personnel just wrote our details on a paper while promising us to deliver us baggage to our hotel in Cappadocia, the next morning (a pathetic manner to handle such situation where no official report is made). Next morning, I called, emailed concerned authorities hundreds of times and never received an appropriate response. The only thing I got to hear was to call someone else or I should speak in the Turkish language because the people there do not understand English (which is horrible for someone who works at an airport). In fact, one of the personnel lied saying my baggage has left for Cappadocia. After all the frustration, I drove 1 hour to Kayseri airport to collect my baggage. Nobody was there to check if we are collecting the right baggage (anybody can take anyone's else bags). No proper report was given. The next afternoon (after more than 48 hours), someone called us asking whether we took our baggage or not. This is not only horrible, pathetic service from Turkish Airlines, but it is downright fraud and cheating where you people lie to keep the passengers quiet and show no responsibility towards the safety of our luggage. Terrible customer service with no ethics or morals. Being tourists, we carry everything in one bag and that being delayed, puts us in great trouble whereas Turkish airlines are least bothered about the same. Nor they bother to inform or compensate.

baggage, turkish

Baggage Problems Baggage Handling - Customer Serve in the Pits skapoor72 Etihad Airways Complaints 0 May 1, 2014 2:57 PM
Baggage Problems Poor Baggage Handling addison Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Feb 10, 2012 9:51 PM
SWA baggage claim handling should be criminal HanibalLechter Southwest Airlines Complaints 7 Feb 28, 2011 9:47 PM
Baggage Problems terrible baggage and handling service madmcd05 Southwest Airlines Complaints 1 Jan 24, 2009 7:12 AM