COMPLAINT: Be aware of Turkish Airlines

Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:02 AM

Just to make sure that everybody who uses this airline is aware off with whom she/he travels

My company suggested this flight (class: business, delhi to vienna) as it was much cheaper then our usual carrier like emirates or quatar...I agreed on it..big mistake.

The seats in business are crap, you cant even expand it such that a tall person can lie flat. entertainment is rubbish and the boarding procedure is also not in favor for business, as you are on- and offboarded with economy passengers (that means the same waiting times) . Istanbul airport (ok i knew it) was also crap, the only highlight is the lounge.

To complete the picture of how Turkish airlines works, after 4 years of flying, i lost the first time my luggage. And even they bring it to your house, they only offer you a delivery window of 3h, means you have to wait for them).

Conclusion: If you are a business traveler who is time constrained and sees flying only as a means to do the job. Hands off! The lower price does not justify the extra stress. I will advise my company not to book me on any TK flights anymore.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:16 AM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Originally Posted by east_traveler View Post
Just to make sure that everybody who uses this airline is aware off with whom she/he travels

My company suggested this flight (class: business, delhi to vienna) as it was much cheaper then our usual carrier like emirates or quatar...I agreed on it..big mistake.

The seats in business are crap, you cant even expand it such that a tall person can lie flat. entertainment is rubbish and the boarding procedure is also not in favor for business, as you are on- and offboarded with economy passengers (that means the same waiting times) . Istanbul airport (ok i knew it) was also crap, the only highlight is the lounge.

To complete the picture of how Turkish airlines works, after 4 years of flying, i lost the first time my luggage. And even they bring it to your house, they only offer you a delivery window of 3h, means you have to wait for them).

Conclusion: If you are a business traveler who is time constrained and sees flying only as a means to do the job. Hands off! The lower price does not justify the extra stress. I will advise my company not to book me on any TK flights anymore.
Aside from the luggage being delayed and you needed to be home to wait for you bag. It sounds as if you were on a 2 class configured aircraft. What else did TK do to you? You flew DEL-IST and had to clear Turkish Customers/Immigration and proceed to the transit hall with other people Oh the horror of being with other human beings. to complete your flight to Vienna. I see no complaint here. TK did their job and did it to the best of their ability. You agreed to your company buying the ticket. you have no one to blame for your "poor experience" but yourself.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:46 PM

Did they offer any form of good will?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:28 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Originally Posted by ndirect View Post
Did they offer any form of good will?
What kind of "good will" are you looking for
TK did whT they were supposed to do they
probably gave him the customary delayed
bag voucher like they were supposed to.
I do not see any other issues here
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:35 PM

They did not do what they are supposed to do, they didn't get him and his luggage to the airport on time. Not sure it merits a federal case, but the airline failed to deliver the service they were paid to deliver.