COMPLAINT: Turkish airline is overbooked

Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:24 AM

I have booked an online flight (SWHFZX) from Istanbul to Antalya (TK2410) on 5-6-2013 to fly on 22-8-2013.
during the check-in in Istanbul airport they told me that you child 2.4 years (Adam) has no chair because the flight is overbooked, i don't know how come it's over booked, the supervisor changed the ticket for my child from child to infant to allow him to board and asked me to claim the difference in ticket from Antalya airport and i did.
My complaint is how is my flight is overbooked if I booked the flight 2 and half months back.
This caused a very disappointing situation for me and my family and my friends who were travelling with me.
I am requesting you for a fair compensation for this silly situation caused by Turkish airways.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Aug 30, 2013, 4:00 PM

I am shocked, shocked that an airline would overbook.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:43 AM

There is less and less a reasonable case for overbooking. In the past when tickets were transferable, over booking was the only way that airlines had to mitigate losses. Today, the vast majority of tickets sold (on some flights 100%) are non-transferable. The airline loses nothing if the passenger fails to show. it is high time this out moded practice was banned... Why are they able to get away with offering something for sale they do not have? It is bordering on fraud.