COMPLAINT: Turkish airline is overbooked

Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:24 AM
eissa76 eissa76 is offline

Join Date: Aug 2013

I have booked an online flight (SWHFZX) from Istanbul to Antalya (TK2410) on 5-6-2013 to fly on 22-8-2013.
during the check-in in Istanbul airport they told me that you child 2.4 years (Adam) has no chair because the flight is overbooked, i don't know how come it's over booked, the supervisor changed the ticket for my child from child to infant to allow him to board and asked me to claim the difference in ticket from Antalya airport and i did.
My complaint is how is my flight is overbooked if I booked the flight 2 and half months back.
This caused a very disappointing situation for me and my family and my friends who were travelling with me.
I am requesting you for a fair compensation for this silly situation caused by Turkish airways.

Old Aug 30, 2013, 4:00 PM
Der Richter Der Richter is offline

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Berlin, Germany

I am shocked, shocked that an airline would overbook.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:43 AM

There is less and less a reasonable case for overbooking. In the past when tickets were transferable, over booking was the only way that airlines had to mitigate losses. Today, the vast majority of tickets sold (on some flights 100%) are non-transferable. The airline loses nothing if the passenger fails to show. it is high time this out moded practice was banned... Why are they able to get away with offering something for sale they do not have? It is bordering on fraud.

Turkish Airline: CDG-IST...Faulty tray table and terrible service TLWONG Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 22, 2013 11:04 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Spirit overbooked again!! NYConsumer Spirit Airlines Complaints 2 Mar 25, 2012 3:15 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Overbooked! Sheryldi United Airlines Complaints 0 Jan 16, 2012 12:36 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked flight overbooked fengyi Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Sep 19, 2011 10:33 PM
Turkish Airline, lost baggage, poor service, non response Shahidul alam Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 15, 2011 6:50 AM