Reservations
COMPLAINT: Southwest Vacation Packages, "BEWARE"

Old Jul 14, 2008, 7:25 PM

Buyer beware! After spending thousands of dollars on a vacation package, you'll be surprised to find out that you'll be unable to check in on-line. You'll have to make a special trip to the airport 24 hours ahead of your flight in order to be assigned to an "A' or "B" boarding catagory. Most likely, you'll be unable to do so and be forced to check in a few hours before your flight. You'll be given a "C" boarding call. You'll be one of the last persons to board the plane. If you're traveling with faimly or friends, you'll be forced to sit separtely in different sections of the plane. Your vacation will get off on a bitter start and end with one as well because you'll be forced with the same situation on your return flight home. Southwest is aware of and could care less.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jul 14, 2008, 8:15 PM

One of the few flights I could guarantee you can sit together on is a one-stop flight to a town near my home--Worland, Wyoming (WRL.) This is an Essential Air Service flight with, rarely, more than 10 people. Otherwise, people must accept the idea that sitting together is pretty much out of the question. For this reason I strongly urge parents with small children to give Amtrak a second look before considering flying on a domestic trip. There have been a few instances of a child sitting next to a stranger on a plane; being sexually molested, and the crew does nothing about it. Amtrak, as most people know, offers a fully-enclosed compartment (sleeping accomodations) which guarantee everyone will be seated together--and be safe. The cost is, substantially, more than flying. However I think few would say that a $99 fare is worth risking the safety of your child.