Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:32 PM

Wow,

You actually get paid by Delta to contradict individuals who have real issues with the airlines? Not a bad gig Mr Burger!!! Does the FAA read what you post? My concerns are real and that is why I complained to your company followed by the FAA. NOTHING you can say to me will change how I feel. My complaint is of a very serious nature. That is why so many are reading my posts. Truth will set you free!!!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by cliff7080 View Post
What a graphic story teller you are.. You should author a fictional novel... now WAIT.. this IS a fictional novel.
Who would monitor all posts on this site?
Burger and Fries
Cliff
Any others?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:26 PM

Location: Michigan

Where are my airline public relations hitmen? Come on. I really miss your condescending comments.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:30 PM

Location: Michigan

Damage control is not very easy. You cannot change the facts; only chip away at the messenger.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:36 PM

Location: Michigan

I am so thankful for this forum. It is an Angies List and a wealth of first hand accounts of various airlines activities.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:42 PM

Location: Michigan

Next time I travel to the Philippines, I will depart from LAX. I will save 30% in ticket fare and avoid Delta.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:42 PM

Location: Michigan

Your correct Mr Burger. Those FAs probably did get injured, but why. $25000 in fuel savings? Why not make your fellow crew members able to do their jobs. Throwing them around like rag dolls is stupid. The FAA cares about cockpit-crew-coordination and safety. It was quite difficult holding my infant grandson during the turbulence. Do I perceive that the Captain had his crew and passengers safety as paramount importance. Not in the least.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:20 PM

Originally Posted by cliff7080 View Post
If this plane went into a negative 2g dive, with people still standing up serving dinner, then there would have been a LOT of VERY seriously injured people with People, food carts and food spread ALL over the ceiling..

Just how did you KNOW it was a negative 2g dive and a lateral 2.5g recovery? Do you really carry instruments to measure that? AND looking at the Delta Detroit/Tokyo schedule they only fly that route with a 777 and they haven't used a 747 on that route for a long time.

So how about you answer my original question? Just WHEN did this happen?
These 2 g dives lasted .3 seconds each. You need to stop nit picking and start telling the truth about what really goes on in the cockpit. Safety is a culture. I would like to have been a fly on the wall observing the flight crew. Most crews are safe. Some are more than willing to take risks if it improves the bottom line. Jet A fuel is very expensive and it accounts for most of the expenses in a flight. The passengers do not have access to 4-Point seat harnesses. Don't fly as though they do!!!#
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:34 PM

Originally Posted by cliff7080 View Post

So how about you answer my original question? Just WHEN did this happen?
Are you trying to help Delta so when the FAA comes knocking, you all have your stories straight? Is that why you want the flight details? If the flight crew gets violated so-be-it. I was not sitting behind the flight controls. I was a helpless passenger wanting to get to my destination in complete safety. How much would it have cost the airline for the pilot to reduce power until we were past the turbulence? What caused that galley to fly apart? I would say the flight crew alone, or maybe one of the FAs caused it because she was angry at the flight crew.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:04 PM

Originally Posted by Extremerecluse View Post
I give up. It was me. During the most severe turbulence, I decided to run up to the forward galley. With herculean strength, I managed to pull everything down from the wall. I then hurried back to my seat in row 62 without anybody noticing. I am the guilty one.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:23 PM

Originally Posted by cliff7080 View Post
When did this happen? I don't see any recent reports on SEVERE turbulence anywhere recently.. If they were in the middle of the meal service then you KNOW there MUST have been injuries from that type of turbulence. If the crew were standing up and you went though NEG 2g and then 2.5g BEFORE they were told to secure then there MUST have been some very severe injuries.
So you receive reports from Delta Airlines. Since when?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:30 PM

Originally Posted by cliff7080 View Post
Hi Cliff. Where do you get your reports. Which airline flight ops lets you in on internal matters. Do you actually receive weather briefings from the airlines. Please let us all know what your reason is for monitoring this website.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:38 AM

Location: Michigan

Too bad I didn't get any sleep on the plane. Way too uncomfortable!! But, as I was getting off the plane in Manila,I actually spoke to the Pilot-In-Command. I asked him if their were noise restrictions because he never engaged the reverse thrust. He stated that he needed to make it to the end of the runway so regular braking was used. It was a crying shame I was so exhausted to ask him if he knew what happened with that galley wall. Just think, if he was never informed and I was the first to say anything. I am sure he would have been Livid. :
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:27 PM

Originally Posted by Extremerecluse View Post
So Mr Burger. Do you think the Captain has tried to hide this incident/accident so he wont have to explain flight into known turbulence? And was he authorized to sign off safety of flight items without having an A & P? Is the aircraft grounded until an inspection takes place?
My money is on the Pilot-In-Command hoping that everybody keeps their mouth shut. I reported this to Delta upon return to Detroit. It sounded as though this was a surprise to Delta, because they were forwarding it to operations and maintenance. They could have easily checked before calling me. We will see what happens.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:08 PM

Location: Michigan

Uh o! Hamburger and Big Cliff are very quiet now. I think they have confirmed that I am real and so is this investigation. Hope they didn't make statements that are too damaging to Delta.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:38 PM

Location: Michigan

My hat goes off to the outstanding efforts and performance of the flight attendants. As far as the flight crew; congratulations on saving probably $30000 in fuel!!! But at what cost? Was it absolutely worth it?

Virgin Atlantic (dangerous bed) Annoyedupperclasscustomer Virgin Atlantic Complaints 3 Mar 9, 2011 8:03 PM