COMPLAINT: Unfair treatment

Old Aug 30, 2012, 2:30 PM
mar6706 mar6706 is offline

Join Date: Aug 2012

My family and I should take the flight UA 992 at 6 :32 am on August 20th from RDU back to Beijing through Chicago. I did the check in on internet and got my boarding pass printed the night before.
Once when we arrived at the United airline Check in kiosk at around 5 :20am, I was informed that my flight has been cancelled.
I was trying to ask for a solution from the first assistant (a white lady) and told them that I was very flexible even I could fly in any city of China by leave US in the same day since I had a very important appointment in the day after in Beijing.
But the answer from the first assistant was simply "NO" immediately after my question without looking into her computer , and she informed me orally to come to the at 4 :XX am on the next day to take another flight. I was hesitate a little bit and informed the situation to my family since they don't speak English. As you can imagine that a foreigner who took his first trip to American with family at around 5 :30 am in the morning should be very frustrate and upset when get this news. At this moment, the first lady left the desk and the second assistant came, who is a black lady. She pushed us to leave the desk as soon as possible and said her colleague, the first assistant, told her that everything was done for us and refused to print out a updated itinerary for me.
My friend, who was helping me for communication, and I insisted that I should have a printed itinerary, but apparently she was very uncommunicative and tried to move my friend from the desk by asking helps from the police when my friend was trying to get her information.
My friend left the desk and I was quite angry about what she has done. Under my strong request, she finally printed out the update itinerary from me. For sure I was not happy about their unprofessional job and she told me that I could complain to the police officer who was already started talking with my friend. Later I knew that she cheated on me, a police will never take care of my complaints as a passenger.
I explained the situation to the policy officer and asked them to file a report of why they have been called, but they refused and told me the only way is to file complaint in the UA website and take calls.
I am not happy with the two assistants,
First, the two assistant did not do a professional job. Orally informing me the new itinerary, they are unskilled and untrained
Second, without any apologizes for the troubles they bought to me and any reimburse of my extra expenses for one day more in US, they used police to move us from the desk before finishing their job. The duty of the police is to protect the safety of passengers, but not to protect them from their mistakes.
Thirdly, the second black lady cheated on me , a foreigner, to complain to the police officer, she even did not inform me the right way for taking my complain.
I DO REALLY HOPE that United Airline could give me fair answer for the unfair treatment I received.

Customer Service Unfair Treatment of Veterans citizendoe Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 4 Nov 5, 2012 6:02 AM
Customer Service unfair seating [email protected] Air Canada Complaints 5 Mar 20, 2012 12:37 AM
Customer Service AA: One 'Unfair/Frustrating' World Doug Tokayer American Airlines Complaints 2 Mar 14, 2010 8:17 AM
Reservations Unfair Fees gijim217 Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Jan 16, 2009 2:34 AM
Unfair Airline Policy sandyr General Discussion 1 Aug 25, 2008 11:34 AM