COMPLAINT: Inhumane treatment

Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:28 PM
Inhumane treatment Inhumane treatment is offline

Join Date: Jun 2015

To whom it may concern,I am writing to complain about the way I was treated at the Emirates check-in counter on the 30th of May between 7 and 9 pm at the Melbourne Airport in Australia. My flight was the EK 407 to Dubai. I am a doctor, a senior registrar with the department of Psychiatry Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital Zaria, with 3 Masters degrees, the 4th is what took me to the VIFM in melbourne to complete the first semester of my MSc in Forensic medicine with a face to face teaching session. Two days before my departure I went online to check the amount of weight per luggage . On the Emirates website it was stated that for economy one was entitled to 23kg per bag and I was entitled to two luggages, therefore i packed accordingly and weighed my luggage before for leaving the Hotel Claremonte at 189 Toorak rd, South Yarra where i had stayed for 3 weeks. At the check in counter i was totally humilated i was made to open my luggage remove 16 kilos and throw some in the bin and leave the rest on the floor. reason being people going to Africa could not carry more than 15 Kg per luggae 30 kilos. I initially was one of the first at the check in counter i eventually was the last with the emirate checkin lady threatening me that they would soon lock the gates if i didn't remove all my things fast enough. Even making comments on the books and other things in my luggage i should drop on the lobby floor and asking me to leave my laptop. I have never been soo humiliated and emtionally traumatized in my life. To be treated this way in front of hundreds of strangers in the airport lobby. I feel it was extremely unfair and that i was treated that way because i am a Nigerian, which really was uncalled for. In the midst of this dehumanizing experience i didnt get the check-in hostesses name but the event was captured by the cctv at the emirates check-in counter at the Melbourne Airport in Australia between 7 and 9 pm on the 30th of May 2015. I would really like a response as to why i was treated so disrespectfully in a country and by an airline i thought was free of racial prejudice. I will never fly with emirates ever again. Never!
It was never worth it to humiliate and dehumanize another individual especially when one believes their vunerable by being a long way from home. That blond lady was biased towards me racially.

Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:47 PM
Burgers Burgers is offline

Join Date: May 2013

All that education and you file an Emirates complaint under the American Airlines section. Speaking of education, how is it relevant to the complaint?
I own a few franchise restaurants and we get complaints from time to time (dealing with the public...people are fickle) Something I've learned when people mention who they are (in this case education) who they know, occupation, etc. They usually are pompous ***** who no remedy works for them so we just write them off. Surely my company isn't alone in this..... might want to think about that next time you complain.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:59 PM
AA=AbsoluteAnus AA=AbsoluteAnus is offline

Join Date: Oct 2015

LMAO... I got a visual of some freak yelling about who they are and how they can't understand how the poor underpaid sob put onions on the burger "when clearly I said 'NO ONOINS'.......

Now I understand your catharsis of posting on this site putting people in their place. A surrogate. A release for your pent up anger towards irrationally angry morons. It's becoming clearer now. Why AA?

You have to admit that the change fee is absolute abuse. How about adding a change fee to your burgers? See how that goes over

Thanks for the laugh, really.

Customer Service Unfair treatment mar6706 United Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 30, 2012 2:30 PM
Customer Service Horrible treatment of customers emle Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 2 Mar 13, 2012 3:37 PM
Customer Service etihad inhumane people michael Etihad Airways Complaints 2 Nov 8, 2011 9:14 AM
Customer Service Treatment of elderly passenger apoplectic Air Canada Complaints 21 Feb 20, 2009 2:09 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Unbelievable Treatment disturbingfurniture Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 1 Jul 8, 2008 11:44 PM