COMPLAINT: Stolen Camera

Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:38 PM
williammejia williammejia is offline

Join Date: Apr 2016

I recently traveled from Colombia to the United States on April 5, 2016, departing from Bogota via Jetblue flight 801. The flight had a connection flight in Orlando for about 7 hours, with a final destination of Salt Lake City. I received my baggage and upon arriving home, I discovered that my luggage had been opened and saw the empty case for my GoPro. The GoPro and two backup batteries were missing from the bag. In the bag I found a note from the TSA letting me know that my bag had been searched.

Old Apr 10, 2016, 2:54 PM
A320FAN A320FAN is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by williammejia View Post
you then need to go to TSA.gov to file your complaint.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:02 PM
Phinu Phinu is offline

Join Date: Jun 2014

The go pro has lithium ion batteries. Lithium ion batteries are not allowed in checked baggage.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 8:08 PM
cliff7080 cliff7080 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2014

Contact the TSA - they very likely removed your camera as it is SPECIFICALLY listed on the banned item list and is NOT allowed in checked baggage.

Baggage Problems Item Stolen from Bag HokieHi Etihad Airways Complaints 1 May 19, 2015 1:08 PM
Baggage Problems Camera and lenses stolen from Gate checked bag newriverexpat United Airlines Complaints 2 Jul 6, 2012 6:49 PM
Stolen cargo!!! Patrik Vilhelmsson General Discussion 5 May 15, 2012 11:15 AM
In-flight Issue Lost Camera & Phone mykim27 Spirit Airlines Complaints 0 Oct 3, 2011 7:48 PM