COMPLAINT: Four months and still no refund

Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:46 PM
tired of waiting tired of waiting is offline

Join Date: Dec 2011

Last summer I was scheduled to fly from the United States to Tokyo and then onto Okinawa where I planned to visit for 4 days and then return to Tokyo where I would be for a week before returning to the United States. Because of mechanical problems the first flight in my schedule was cancelled, causing me to miss my flights to Tokyo and Okinawa. As we could not find agreeble substitue flights to Okinawa we had to cancel that portion of the trip and I ended up doing a simple round trip from the United States to Tokyo with no Okinawa side trip. That happend on August 10. My travel agent and I have been working with United Airlines to get the refund from the Okinawa leg of the flight since August 10 and still have no refund from United Airlines.

United's customer service is atrocious.

Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:04 AM

File in Small Claims. That will force them to respond. They want you to give up.

Baggage Problems Two months and counting JP Barbeau Baggage Problems 1 Dec 8, 2011 8:17 PM
Customer Service No Refund After 8 Months! BASUCK British Airways Complaints 1 Jul 12, 2011 8:06 PM
Customer Service Two Trips, Two Months, Two Nightmares sjs5572 Delta Air Lines Complaints 14 Jun 28, 2008 10:32 PM