Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Unsupported weather delay

Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:07 PM

Last week I was supposed to flight with my family from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale and then make a connection to Medellin Colombia. While in Orlando’s airport we were informed that the flight to Fort Lauderdale had been delayed because of bad weather in the Orlando airport and we had already lost our connection. They offered to rebook us two days after but offered no accommodation or expenses because it was a weather condition. I asked other airlines and the airport personnel and they confirmed us that there were no weather issues in the Orlando area. After asking at Spirit counter several times for clarification about the delay and receiving nothing but the same answer again and again finally we asked for a refund and had to book a much more expensive last minute flight home with another airline.
Back home I wrote Spirit the complaint asking them to clarify what was the reason of the flight delay, since we confirmed that there were no weather issues between Orlando and Fort Lauderdale that morning. They answered apologizing for the inconvenience and just saying that it was a weather problem in the airport from which the plain to Fort Lauderdale was supposed to leave. I replied asking which was that airport, because I knew now that I was being told false information at the airport and that if the issue was not weather related they should have had compensated us. They just said that my complaint had been completely answered and that they were not going to say anything else about that matter.
As a user I feel very upset because they gave me false information and now they refuse to give me the real reason for the delay, so I assume it was not weather related and I should receive compensation.

Catalina
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
orlando, weather