COMPLAINT: Spirit is the worst

Old May 11, 2016, 8:54 PM
efk2020 efk2020 is offline

Join Date: May 2016

I am a very unhappy customer as I was lied to by Spirit Airlines on Friday, April 29, 2016. I was scheduled to depart from Denver International Airport to McCarran International Airport on flight #561 at 11:48 a.m. I received an email from Spirit at 8:03 a.m. telling me that my flight had been cancelled. Had it been rescheduled? No. Had I been placed on a different flight for later in the day? No. Had I been left stuck with hundreds of dollars in airline costs, hotel costs and entertainment ticket costs? Yes. Not only was I affected by this last minute cancellation, but several other individuals I was traveling with were also impacted. Additionally, I was supposed to be meeting several other people in Las Vegas for the weekend who were left alone as a result of this unexpected development. I spent many hours on the phone with Spirit on Friday morning and was told that there was nothing that could be done unless I went to the airport to discuss the issue in‐person. The group I was traveling with did just that.

The customer service we experienced was genuinely the worst I have ever witnessed. People were yelled at and told to simply go away. We were told that there were no other flights available for the day. There was another flight for the following morning but still one of us would have to be directed to Dallas and would not get into Las Vegas until 11 p.m. on Saturday. We were scheduled to leave Las Vegas Sunday night. How does this make sense? We asked if we could be placed on another airline as there were many other flights going out that day and were told that we could pay for it ourselves. Worst of all, we were told that our flight had been cancelled because of weather. Our flight was the only one cancelled for the entire day from Las Vegas to Denver and from Denver to Las Vegas. This was not due to weather. Spirit blatantly lied to its customers. You may be asking what ever happened to some of the other individuals that we were supposed to meet in Las Vegas. They too were flying Spirit from Atlanta with a connection in Houston. The connecting flight left without them even though they were on‐time. It was a supposed “mix‐up”. They were stranded in Houston until 11 p.m. on Saturday.

Spirit lied to its customers and abused its power. It is understandable when weather actually causes a delay in airline schedules, but this was not the case. Furthermore, if we had simply been placed on another flight on Friday, we would not have felt quite so taken advantage of. I am left wondering if this was an unfortunate instance or this is Spirit’s policy. Take money from its customers and deliver nothing in return. Shame on you, Spirit.

Customer Service Spirit Airlines is the WORST!!!! eetzler Spirit Airlines Complaints 4 May 15, 2013 1:57 AM
Check-in / Boarding Spirit is the worst airline sandysofia0982 Spirit Airlines Complaints 3 Oct 18, 2011 10:22 PM
Baggage Problems Spirit The Worst Airline!! sandra jimenez Spirit Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 6, 2011 4:53 PM
Check-in / Boarding Spirit is the worst airline sandysofia0982 Spirit Airlines Complaints 0 May 6, 2011 5:54 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Spirit Airline is the worst. flyingsucks Spirit Airlines Complaints 9 Aug 7, 2009 1:28 PM