COMPLAINT: Delta stole my laptop!

Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:11 PM
tlrome tlrome is offline

Join Date: Nov 2017

DELTA AIRLINES LETS ITS EMPLOYEES STEAL FROM PASSENGERS!!!!!

On June 12, 2017 I was on board Delta flight 1700 from Boston to Atlanta. I had a small purple rolling carry-on in which I had packed my new Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 laptop. I am totally and permanently disabled and was experience side effects from routine medication that impaired my ability to walk long distances. So, I made arrangements, in advance, for wheelchair assistance to my connecting flight upon arrival.

An attendant was waiting on the ramp with a wheelchair. I greeted her and handed her my carry-on bag to stow in the built-in luggage rack beneath the wheelchair seat. She was in a rush, asking for my connecting flight information. It took me a moment to obtain the information and then sat down in the chair.

At this point I was unaware that she had left my carry-on bag on the ramp. I did not realize it was missing until I reached Gate C37 for my connecting flight to Kansas City. The attendant took off before I was able to stop her, so I reported the incident to the gate agent. He called Gate A9 and spoke to an unknown Delta agent. The gate agent at C37 informed me that my bag was secure and in the possession of a Delta staff member and would be delivered to the gate before my plane departed.

I was instructed to board the plane and wait for a flight attendant to deliver my bag. When the plane took off, I still didn’t have my bag. Upon arrival in Kansas City, a flight attendant informed me that my bag had been secured in the Delta lost and found warehouse. She also told me to call the customer service number to make arrangements to have the bag sent to me.

After many phone calls, I was finally contacted by Delta on Friday, June 16, 2017 and told that my bag would be on the next flight to Kansas City. I arrived at the Kansas City Delta baggage claim that afternoon to claim my bag. Before I left the building, I opened my bag to double-check the contents. That’s when I discovered that my laptop was missing. In its place was a single sheet of paper folded into fourths. I still have that paper as proof that a Delta employee opened my bag.

Immediately I informed the agent in the baggage office. He instructed me to call customer service again to file a claim. On June 23, 2017 I received an email response denying my claim based on the assumption that my bag was a “checked bag” which exempted electronics. I replied to that email, disputing the decision. On June 26, 2017, I received an automated email message in response. That is the last I heard from Delta.

The evidence found in my bag leads me to one conclusion: an unknown Delta employee opened my bag and stole my laptop while it was in the Delta warehouse. I did report the theft to Dell, so the serial number has been flagged. I am closely watching EBay and Craigslist in the event that it appears for sale. The serial number is 193FYB2.

It took me MONTHS to save up the money for that laptop. $700 is NOTHING to Delta and EVERYTHING to me. They even failed to respond to a letter from my attorney.

I only want one thing. Reimbursement for the full purchase price of the laptop they STOLE from me. Delta Airlines owes me a new laptop.

Customer Service Laptop damaged in EY 141 on 24 December,2016 Mansoor Mirza Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Dec 27, 2016 12:31 AM
Baggage Problems Stolen Laptop From Checked Delta Luggage bf110c4 Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Sep 30, 2013 2:25 PM
Customer Service Lufthansa stole my laptop and refuses to return it! Stsoprano Lufthansa Complaints 9 Jan 11, 2013 1:54 PM
Customer Service Delta Stole $1,400 Under the Guise of a Fair Policy mstember Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Dec 27, 2010 9:56 PM
Baggage Problems Stolen laptop gathrigh Baggage Problems 1 Oct 8, 2007 6:42 PM