COMPLAINT: Spirit flight cancelled for mechanical reasons?

Old Jan 27, 2016, 4:24 PM

I bought round trip air-fare for my son on Spirit to join us for a special occasion with my parents only to have the flight CANCELLED for 'mechanical' issues. He had to figure out 3 bus schedules to get him to the airport, check in, deal with security and wait hours for the delays until finally it was cancelled. He asked for help but the Spirit employees were indifferent to his predicament (we've never had a flight cancelled but apparently they do this all the time). After waiting in line for an hour to get help, he called me. I called customer service for him and got to talk to a live person who said his flight was on time, then said it was delay, and eventually said it was cancelled which I already knew. I wanted to re-book him for the next flight but it was full so I had to take the refund (I hope I get it promptly and don't have to fight them for it). Then my son had to figure out the bus schedule home losing a days worth of pay. Not having him with us on the special occasion put a damper on everyone mood. They may have cheap prices (although I'll never understand why your seat costs extra) but I guess we get what we pay for...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
spirit airlines