Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Spirit Airlines doesn't seem to care....

Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:49 AM

I wrote a letter to Spirit Airlines (SA) over 2 years ago and since I have not received any reply, I have to think that they don't give a damn about what passengers have to say.

----------------------------------------------------------------
June 8th, 2014
Spirit Airlines
RE: Very Dissatisfied Spirit Airlines Passenger

To Whom It May Concern:
On Friday, May 30th, 2014, my wife and I flew, first time ever, Spirit Airlines (SA) and we have regretted it ever since. That was Flight 925 from DFW.

We were charged $200.00 at the gate before we were allowed into the plane because each of us was traveling w/a carry-on. Initially, I thought the charge was due to cabin storage space being limited but then, the agent told us to take them with us anyhow so, what was the charge for? I took it as an insult, besides the abuse my wife and I were receiving from the SA’s agent.

I had bought the tickets on the Internet and nowhere did it say about any carry-on charges nor SA made any efforts to contact us to tell us about it.

Days before our flight back home, SA contacted us via email to warn us of carry-on charges. This time they offered to charge us only $35.00 for each carry-on and only if we made payment through the Internet, which we did for only one carry-on. I had already sent the other carry-on back home via UPS.

The bottom line of our “vacation” trip to California is that Spirit Airlines actions made the entirety of the trip less enjoyable, and more stressful for us as we worried about other surprises (extra charges) we would encounter on our flight back. That was Flight 866 from LAX.

Sincerely, and I regret once again to have traveled on your airline,

AE

171-995-970-42 & QEKMWX
171-932-680-41 & L9MQHG

----------------------------------------------------
As for my wife & I, we started flying Southwest and like it a lot
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook