Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Insulting treatment for doctor saving life

Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:27 PM

My husband and I flew first class, Dayton to Detroit, Detroit to London. Just after we had settled in to our comfortable seats, an announcement was made asking for a doctor to go to the coach cabin. My husband spent the entire night managing a very serious cardiac patient, administering IVs, monitoring vitals, etc. He could not return to my seat until just before landing. He arrived in London exhausted.

Admittedly, this was a voluntary act, but one he could not ignore with such a critically ill patient on board. I was shocked beyond words that Delta's response was a voucher for $150. He gave up a $5,000 seat to keep a passenger from dying on the plane! I certainly though the least Delta could do was a voucher for another flight! I had booked through American Express Platinum, and I'm going to make sure they know about this.

I don't know who at Delta makes these decisions, but choosing to offer $150 to someone who gave up a first class seat on an overnight flight, and work for hours to keep someone from dying on their plane, seems like pretty poor judgement to me.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:29 PM
OFFICIAL AIRLINE REPRESENTATIVE - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED DUE TO NON-RENEWAL

Hi there, We are very sorry to hear of your experience. Please supply your ticket number, full contact number and email address through a private message, so that we can forward your feedback along with details to our Guest Affairs Team for you. Thanks*AS
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:18 PM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

You work for DL now too? Or do you just assume that every complaint is about EY?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:22 PM

As requested, the ticket number for the flight in the above-named complaint was # 0067468644983.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:00 AM

ljanem, unless something has changed, the person requesting your info works for Etihad Airlines. You flew Delta. They have nothing to do with each other, other than the fact they are both airlines. Etihad is just so used to complaints, they think every one of them is theirs.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:42 PM

Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
ljanem, unless something has changed, the person requesting your info works for Etihad Airlines. You flew Delta. They have nothing to do with each other, other than the fact they are both airlines. Etihad is just so used to complaints, they think every one of them is theirs.
This just made my day
Seriously, any Etihad managers reading this and aware how untrained, lazy and useless the on-ground customer service has become?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:51 AM

Originally Posted by MarcisV View Post
This just made my day
Seriously, any Etihad managers reading this and aware how untrained, lazy and useless the on-ground customer service has become?
Dude, the reason I wrote this, is cuz it was posted under Delta Airlines however, the Etihad rep responded. I find that humorous yet sad.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:26 AM

Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
Dude, the reason I wrote this, is cuz it was posted under Delta Airlines however, the Etihad rep responded. I find that humorous yet sad.
Yepp, I'm fully aware it was for Delta, but the fact remains. In this forum alone there are 31 threads for Emirates and 228 for Etihad. Probably a coincidence So I was just thinking if the higher management is aware of this or do they care at all. You know what they say about reputation...

Tags
customer service