Baggage Problems
COMPLAINT: baggage riped and covered with oil

Old Jun 25, 2009, 3:11 AM

i just got home from a trip i will never forget. we left Omaha on the 18th arrived in Minneapolis in 40 min. when a baggage handler came up to us and told my husband that our bag had came apart and our belongings were on the tarmack and some had been caught in the roller of the conveyer belt going into the plane. She wrote a note explaining what happened to the service department in Anchorage our final destination. when i opened our suitcase i was appalled. Not only were half the belongings shredded and covered with oil and dirt the other half was completely missing. we took this trip to attend a granddaughter's wedding. my new shoes were gone, toothbrushes, shorts, socks, blouses, hair dryer, makeup. we received a $250. voucher and a check that covered my expenses of replacing the clothes so i came out ok but gees what are they doing. we think the TSA people didn't close the suitcase and therefore the contents poured out when it fell off the belt. Because the suitcase is fine...oh and plane had to have a new computer put in and we was delayed 11 hours coming home then our baggage arrived at our door step at 1am the next morning...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jun 27, 2009, 4:00 AM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Was the zipper on the luggage intact? The TSA sometimes does forget to zip the luggage back up but that is like 1 out of a 1,000. And with hundreds of thousands of bags daily, it happens. Sometimes the zipper (especially the big fat ones) gets caught in the cracks of the turn belts and one can't really blame anyone for that. I know it sucks though. At least you got some compensation and didn't have the "Mona Lisa" packed. Was the bag torn?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook