Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Lack of urgency in delivering delayed luggage

Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:47 PM

Southwest really tested my patience this time -
1. The baggage was not on the same flight to Newark as my son.

2. The missing baggage agent took the address to be delivered and forgot to check that it was beyond the distance they would normally deliver and committed to getting it to him the same night if it came on a later flight

3. 3 hours later, when I called to check on the status they told me it would take 3 days to deliver because the address where it had to be delivered was more than 60 miles away and that my son was welcome to come back to the airport and pick up his suitcase

4. after a 15 minute argument they agreed to deliver it the next day via Long Island airport as it is closer to my son's university

5. I spent the greater part of the next day trying to get the SW LI baggage people to deliver the suitcase which was sitting in front of them.

The 1-800 number was of no help and asked me to talk directly to the airport.

Every time I called the LI airport, a different agent came on the line, told me a different story and denied any knowledge of the previous agent's commitment.

Extremely disappointed with the apathy of the missing baggage ground staff ....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook