Suggestion
COMPLAINT: AVOID IAH with Delta!!!

Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:56 AM

I have been flying back and forth from ATL to IAH for the past 4 months and have another 12 months to go. Planes are delayed 90% of the time , no boarding screens, overworked gate agents and little to no effort to take care of premium flyers.

I am a Diamond 2M flyer and buy my upgrade as the possibility to complimentary upgrades are rare on this route. This route is a DOG, Delta is not committed to this market and it only acts as a feeder to the Atl hub.

Booked a ticket a week in advance for $800.00 and all seats are all blocked. When I electronically checked in on Sunday, there were 12 coach seats available, but I still could not select a seat. I wound up with a middle seat when the gate agent in ATL finally showed up.

Two weeks ago we were diverted to Montgomery, AL for refueling. After 2 hours we were released for take off. Never happened. Plane was "broke" per the pilot. No maintenance crews, no agents, no options. I had to rent a car from Hertz and drive the remaining distance arriving home around 1:30 am the next day. Delta never contacted me nor have they responded to my "complaint".

Week after week I get a survey in my inbox as to how they handled the latest delay. Sad.

I have requested a Status match with Continental. Now that they are merging with United it may afford Atl business travelers more options. ATLANTA, wake up we need more competition in this market!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook