Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: My free ticket was cancelled and I was stranded

Old May 5, 2009, 10:04 PM

They boarded the plane early and since i was there right at boarding time they had already closed the flight and gave my seat to someone else. I went to customer service and they completely cancelled my ticket because i was complaining. It was a free flight and they said they refuse the right to service to anyone. I was stranded in chicago and had to re book a flight with another airline.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old May 6, 2009, 12:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to mars6423

that sucks, but as an airline they will always prefer to have paying customers so they make as much revenue as possible
Old May 6, 2009, 5:33 AM

You gotta ask yourself this question: if you were right there, at the time of boarding... how did they give your seat away? And how big of a ruckus were you makin to have them cancel your ticket?
Old May 11, 2009, 9:21 PM
Banned

When you say "free flight" do you mean this was a ticket obtained using miles or some other form of ticket such as a "buddy pass."

I was at Denver last year and there was someone who was using a buddy pass given to him by a friend who was a United employee. He was upset because he had not been able to fly on several previous flights to Phoenix and it was now late afternoon and he had to be home to go to work. When he persisted in his complaints a supervisor was called with a digital camera. She took a picture of the miscreant and informed him that not only was she rescinding his buddy pass but would send the details of the incident to the employees supervisor for possible disciplinary action.

I hope this wasn't the case with you, sashagemstar, because your poor behaviour could have had negative consequences for the employee who gave you that buddy pass!
Old May 15, 2009, 4:18 AM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

it seems that sashagemstar joined the discussion on May 5, 2009 and has not been on since. Perhaps an act of frustration towards the airline's ability to give away "free" tickets and take them back is enough to warrant no explanation.