COMPLAINT: EasyJet declined to allow Medical Equipment onboard on a 30% empty flight

Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:14 PM

We had a horrible experience with EasyJet flight at Manchester airport (Gate 3, 0700 GMT).

The rude and loud gate agent woman charged 40 pounds for my wife's medical equipment. The EasyJet staff at Berlin had allowed the equipment (as per Easyjet policies), the checkin staff at Manchester had allowed the equipment, but this gate agent told us that others were wrong in allowing us to carry it and she must charge it... at the same time, she was hurrying us saying that the flight is closing.

To avoid arguing with the stupid woman, we paid the charges and boarded the flight ... what we saw was our 'checked-in' piece was brought in the cabin and put in an overhead luggage compartment ... the flight was 30% empty!

As we complained to the crew, one steward came to us and explained that the ground staff was wrong and lacked proper information on EasyJet policies.

However, he expressed his inability to refund us the wrong charge! He instead has directed us to EasyJet Customer Service...

We are also contemplating legal action as the gate agent tried to fleece us by telling a lie and also tried to endanger my wife's life ...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:58 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

i dont fly easyjet, dont live in the uk or europe but the flight attendant cant refund you the money. it does have to be taken up with customer service
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
charge, easyjet, manchester, medical equipment, wrong