COMPLAINT: Misinformed by customer services!

Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:43 PM
SarahP87 SarahP87 is offline

Join Date: Feb 2017

My flight was booked for business by my employer. I contacted easyjet customer service to see if I could bring my Airsoft guns out with me (NOT real guns, replica guns that shoot BB pellets) - it said I could on the website and the customer service rep informed me that this was absolutely fine. I had the right documentation and a locked case. I also paid extra for this luggage.

Upon getting to Gatwick check in, no problem with other bags. Your customer service rep there - the rudest and most clueless employee - ****el - refused to take my locked case. He actually said the words 'we take real guns but not these ones'. I explained this is not the case, since I had already double checked. He point blank refused, and said I need to get my cases off the flight.

He said I would have to go myself to collect my baggage rather than have it brought to me, but I wasn't allowed to leave my case - nor was I allowed to take my case with me. Leaving me in a bit of a quandary. Luckily, the lovely people on the Monarch desk looked after my case and booked me onto the next flight no problem as they could see I had the correct documentation.

I spent another 250 on a new flight, as I couldn't leave the case. I would like to know how you are planning to reimburse me for this flight that I couldn't take. This is completely down to lack of communication at EasyJet. It was an extremely stressful situation that was only solved by Monarch and having to pay for a new flight altogether.

Having emailed (with no response) and phoned TWICE where the phone was put down on me after they refused to let me speak to the manager. They said they wouldn't be giving us a refund purely because they believe the EasyJet customer service at the airport must have had a reason to refuse the luggage.

We are willing to take this to court as we have ample evidence. We can also use a data access request to find the original phone call made to EasyJet where he was told it was fine to take it on board. We have also made a formal complaint to Gatwick who are looking into it, as the customer service from EasyJet was appalling.

Your booking reference - ERGTNWX
Email used to make the booking [email protected]
Booker's name amy browning

Person on flight who this relates to: Chris Lewis.

Best wishes, Sarah

Customer Service I'm a gold skyward member and Emirates has the worst customer services Ahmedmm4 Emirates Complaints 0 Dec 10, 2014 7:47 PM
Customer Service Flights delayed/No response from Customer Services Graham NZ American Airlines Complaints 6 Jul 24, 2008 4:02 PM
Customer Service Worst customer service in my life from baggage services combatbabyyeah Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 0 Jan 17, 2008 1:41 AM