In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Warning when booking Lufthansa in Prime Economy flights in code sharing

Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:25 AM

I have got a Senator card Lufthansa and I searched for a fly from Florence to Melbourne in Premium Economy, selecting the option Premium Economy Base. It is a multiple segment journey, in which Florence to Singapore is done by Lufthansa airlines, while Singapore to Melbourne is covered by Singapore airlines. The cost of this fly ticket is not very cheap, I guess because the price is due to the fact that Lufthansa prices all the trip in Premium Economy. In order to finalize the purchase I have called Lufthansa, Senator line, Italy, and by phone, I have bought my fly ticket in Premium Economy asking to be reassured that all journey is in Premium Economy (I know that this is not available from Florence to Frankfurt) and the operator has confirmed that.
Once I called Lufthansa for booking the seats I found that the segment Singapore-Melbourne is in Economy even though the aircraft allows Premium Economy seats. Then in reality it is ONLY Frankfurt –Singapore in Premium Economy class as operated by Lufthansa while Singapore to Melbourne in economy class.
Interestingly I have noticed that if I had bought separate tickets, Florence to Singapore and then Singapore to Melbourne, through Singapore Airlines, I would have spent less.
I think that this behavior is absolutely unfair and it is misleading: I was convinced to buy a Premium Economy ticket, paying the cost accordingly, and I get almost half of the journey in Economy!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook