Customer Service
COMPLAINT: American Airlines poor service to Disabled Veteran

Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:45 PM

First American airlines (AA) baggages charges for my trip to Hawaii was approx. 400.00 dollars. My bags were overweight and I had someone bring and pick them up from the airport. Upon my arrival back one of my samonite suitcases was locked. AA say it was locked by the TAA inspection of bags section, however there was no evidence of this. I feel certain if they (TAA) had a problem with my bag it would have been held or tagged as a problem. I explained this to AA and told them that I was a disabled veteran and I live alone and had no way to get this bag back to the airport for help. Their reply was we didn't do it and we can't help you. I then asked several times thru the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for a point of contact for the section of the airport that did do it. They would never answer that question, just said they didn't do (basically) and your on your own. It was a simple fix, they have to know the contact person at TAA (bag inspectors) and could have provided me with this information. I came back at the end of June, 2011 and my bag is still locked. I have no family in the immediate area to take the bag back to the airport, but AA made it clear they did not care about veterans or customer service. As a Disabled Veteran, retired SGM, USAR, and retired Postmaster I say remember this prior to using American Airlines. I gave them ample time to give a solution to this problem. As we all know at times they deliver bags that didn't arrive on a passengers scheduled flight and have to drop them off. I think they could and should have picked up my bag and taken to the airport and had the section that locked it unlock it and return it. I still don't know if all my items are there. I really don't want to have someone destroy a samonite suitcase that cost 100. plus dollars.

PS bag weight is approx. 70 lbs and I paid alot to take it!

Sincerely,

Brian D. Ingle
Disabled Veteran

Last edited by brian.d.ingle; Aug 4, 2011 at 7:49 PM. Reason: some mis-spelled wording
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook