Other Airline Complaints If we receive 10 complaints about an airline, we will create a specific section for it above.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:39 PM
pisendel pisendel is offline

Join Date: Sep 2015
Default AirBerlin difficulties

Paid 100Euro for a seat with supposedly more legroom than standard coach. Seated directly behind the housing for the emergency exit chute, so actually had LESS legroom than regular coach. Filed my compliant with Air Berlin on June 24th, the day after we landed. Found out that you cannot contact their "customer service" department unless you use a specific email form. After repeated emails requesting they acknowledge the problem were ignored, as was a certified letter, I finally complained to the FAA. The day after that, they suddenly responded, referencing the FAA complaint, meaning they were content to totally ignore me until the FAA got involved. It still took over a month and repeated emails before I was finally given a refund of $84.12 - with no explanation as to how this amount was calculated. 90 days total time elapsed between my filing a complaint and their reluctant partial refund.
There were no other aspects of the flight that were a concern, but their total indifference to my complaint has soured me on ever using them again, and I will make sure all my friends who travel know how badly I was treated.

Unaccompanied minor airberlin = dreadful Harjam Other Airline Complaints 0 Nov 18, 2013 1:29 PM
Airberlin - unaccompanied minor service Harjam Other Airline Complaints 0 Nov 17, 2013 11:08 AM
AIRBERLIN 15 hours delay Guid Other Airline Complaints 3 Aug 28, 2011 11:06 AM
Air Berlin - Never fly AirBerlin again to Bangkok- wasted 2 tickets neveragainairberlin Air Berlin Complaints 11 Aug 30, 2009 6:43 AM