Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:20 PM
Chev Chev is offline

Join Date: Apr 2007
Default Hold your money!

I recently made a reservation on SWA for a round trip ticket and since it was booked online required the payment from my credit card right away before they would issue a ticket.

Here is where the problems occur. I had to cancel my flight and the entire ticket was fully refundable. I cancel the flight and start looking for my credit to appear on my charge card listing. I wait a week and no refund. I call SWA and I am told, SWA takes your refund and puts it into a holding account in which you can use for future travel. This was all completed without my approval! Then I now after ten days request the money be credited to my charge card. I was informed before I hung up that the credit to my card can take up to 14 days. It already took almost two weeks to find out they were holding the refund WITH NO INTEREST being paid.

We have to put a stop to these large companies continuing to find ways to hurt the average American who is trying to make a living. DO NOT FLY SWA IF THERE IS ANY CHANCE YOU MAY NEED TO CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR TRIP.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:50 AM
richright richright is offline

You are absolutely right. Why on a fully refundable ticket would a person elect to receive a credit which expires after 12 months?
Again this is an example of corporate America running roughshod over consumers that have little to no rights.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 12:36 PM
abutterfinger25 abutterfinger25 is offline
US Department of Transportation Employee

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Washington Metro Area

The Fair Credit Act states that any company must provide a refund on a credit card purchase within 7 days of a legitimate refund request.

However, it may take up to 2 billing cycles for the credit to appear on your credit card statement.

If you stil have not recieved your refund, file a complaint with dot http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/problems.htm and we can ensure that a refund is processed within the required time frame. (Providing of course that it is actually a fully refundable ticket)

Customer Service On hold for 2 hours, need to cancel flight. huskerbob1 Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Sep 8, 2007 7:29 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Policy to hold last flight remoteaccess3 Southwest Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 23, 2007 4:13 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked UA lied about reason for cancelled flight to save money tucson_rich United Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 17, 2007 4:31 AM