Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:26 AM

Old Mar 27, 2009, 1:40 PM
countrynewsman countrynewsman is offline

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Killeen, Texas

That's the best one I've seen on Southwest. They are fun to fly with. On one trip I was on with them, a flight attendant set a pile of little peanut packages at the front of the aisle on taxi. As the plane was taking off, we were grabbing for the packs.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:37 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

Originally Posted by countrynewsman View Post
Do you still have a record of the date and flight number? I'm not 100% sure but it sounds like that might be a violation of FAA regulations.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 12:15 AM
Leatherboy2006 Leatherboy2006 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2007

Hopefully he can rap his way through a evcuation if needed. Not very professional, If I wanted a scene like that I would go to a night club
Old Mar 28, 2009, 12:19 AM

You ready to snitch PHX?
Old Mar 28, 2009, 8:32 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
You ready to snitch PHX?
Suppose a flight attendant on that Continental 737 in Denver had put a pile of peanut packs in the aisle so that they would slide down the aisle as the plane ascended to provide some entertainment for the passengers? Suppose then that during the evacuation of that aircraft a passenger slipped on one of those packages of peanuts blocking the exit for perhaps dozens of others. That's why I feel that a flight attendant who is trained to ensure the safety of the passengers yet does a silly stunt like that described by countrynewsman should be terminated and the airline fined by the FAA for his or her negligent conduct.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 1:06 AM

I am not advocating it, but I am not sure your scenario is too likely. I would much rather the Continental FA who threw a mother and child off the plane got sacked, than the one who was at least trying to be funny and light-hearted with the passengers getting canned... but that is just me. I realise that the world if full of different people..me laughing at the rapping FA, Leatherboy scowling and frowning at such shenanigans and you PHX, tapping out an email to your mates in the Executive Team at Continental, copy to the FAA!! It takes all sorts!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 2:30 PM
countrynewsman countrynewsman is offline

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Killeen, Texas

The rapping flight attendant did not give the safety P.A. in rap. But if he did, I'm willing to bet the passengers would have listened instead of sticking their noses in a magazine, and would have remembered.