SkyMiles Complaints

Delta doesnt recognize my flying blue status!

Old Jun 12, 2011, 2:57 PM
Arash Arash is offline

Join Date: Jun 2011

I am gold with Flying Blue, but everytime I travel with Delta they do not recognize my status and they charge me baggage fees, no priority boarding, no preferred seats.

Somehow, they tell me that when they put my number into the boarding pass, it recognizes my number, but no Elite status is shown to them.

I have been on the phone with Delta and Air France for hours and hours.... Delta says Air France has to fix it, and Air France says it's Delta's problem.

As you can guess, I am very frustrated with all this. My name spells the same everywhere, and I do not have any middle initials. HELP!!!!! Tell me how to go about fixing this.

Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:34 AM
Ombudsman Ombudsman is offline

Join Date: Feb 2011

Unfortunately you are the victim of Deltas horrific computer systems. May I ask, did you add your AF frequent flier number when you booked or did yo wait until you checked in. Ne bit of advice I have to offer is that you add your FF# when you book so that the Delta and AF systems have time to "talk" to one another so that your status is recognized. Of course they are both members of SkyTeam so reciprocal benefits should be almost immediately recognized. Sorry for your troubles. Alliance benefits should be extended no atter what. Do you posess an Air France card that shows your status?
Contributing editor to one of the largest travel blogs on the internet.

really feel robbed by Air France/Flying Blue Kathleen Flying Blue Complaints 5 Apr 28, 2011 2:10 PM
What Good is Status elinskide Dividend Miles Complaints 0 Apr 10, 2010 10:14 PM