COMPLAINT: Poor customer service

Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:30 PM
migranboyz migranboyz is offline

Join Date: Dec 2015

TO ETIHAD HEAD OFFICE.

I am a successful businessman from Tanzania and my name is Mohamed Hussein. I would like to share my recent experience with the Etihad Airlines that have started first time in Tanzania, and also warn regular air travelers like myself to beware of deceptive, ignorant liars who take their positions for granted and take honest customers on a disingenuous ride.

On 26/Nov/15 in the morning around 10 am i went to the Etihad Dar es Salaam office and booked a BUSINESS CLASS ticket for 4 adults and 1 child and PAID IN FULL for the flight Dar es salaam to Mumbai for 14/Dec/15 to 31/dec/15. My ticket with reference number NRCVQZ, costed 5939$. Later the same day i received a call from Etihad staff, Aiman Remtulla , who had booked my tickets the same morning, saying my ticket is cancelled because the flight is fully booked!! IF IT WAS BOOKED THEN WHY DID ETIHAD TAKE MONEY FROM ME AND ISSUE A CONFIRMED TICKET? (I HAVE A COPY OF THE TICKETS). When a passenger wants to make changes in the booking, the airlines charge the customers, but here the mistake was from the airline itself yet i was made to pay 352$ extra and the ticket was non-refundable. This is not a fair deal! Why should we bear the losses always in regards whether its airline fault of our fault.

Secondly after no consideration from airline as it was a non-refundable ticket i paid 352$ and i was issued another ticket. Again Etihad staff Aiman (the same lady who booked surplus ticket) made another BIG BLUNDER about the return date. Instead of 31/DEC/15 which was my request date which she noted down in her diary, she issued the ticket with the date 31/JAN/16. ONE MONTH extra like as if she would pay for our accommodation plus earn us a whole months’ salary. Now the big question, who is going to bear this STUPID loss, it’s not going to be us again?

1/dec/15 in the morning I went to Etihad office and brought the matter to the notice of Ms. Aiman Remtulla. I asked her if she remembered the dates I had given her and she promptly replied 31 DEC, When I showed her the ticket she was surprised and tensed to see her mistake. {by the way I have all recorded conversations}. Initially she demanded a payment for the change but when I refused as the mistake was from her side, she excused herself to consult her colleagues. Fully aware of her disastrous blunder she admitted to make the required changes post haste and promised her commitment towards the same. She said she would issue another ‘error free’ ticket and that I may peacefully go home. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize that I was getting on the wheels of a fraudulent ride and all she was doing was misleading me with her renewed promises of “I am working on it” and her “today’s”and “tomorrow’s”. I have the watsapp conversations and telephonic conversations as proof. A few days passed without results and I went to the office on 4th/dec/15. But yet again she reassured me saying “don’t worry I will issue you the ticket, we are waiting for the waiver from head office”. Believing her, I went away. Imagine my time, money and effort lost after the constant following up of Etihad staff impropriety.

8/dec/15 still no fruits of my patience, on visiting the office I find her in a meeting. When I approached the present staff to rectify the mistake of their co-worker, they all backed out saying THEY CANNOT DO ANYTHING TILL AIMAN COMES HERSELF, (I have not seen such a system in any other airlines where only the one who issues the ticket rectifies any changes, learn from Emirates how to co-ordinate between staff). I requested to be shown to the Manager to speak with him / her personally and seek assistance. But the staff duped me saying the Manager is in another building which is FAR AWAY (later I learnt it was 2 blocks away). Clearly shows they were all hand in glove fooling us.

EITHER THE MANAGEMENT REJECTED HER PLEA OF THE WAVER RESULTING IN MS. FRAUD AIMAN HAVING TO BEAR THE LOSSES OUT OF HER POCKET, PROVES WHY SHE KEPT NEGLECTING AND DECEIVING US. OR THE AIRLINES WAITING TO END OUR TIME SO WE INNOCENT CUSTOMERS HAVE TO PAY IN EARNEST DESPERATION AND THAT ETIHAD MAKES THE MOST MAXIMUM PROFITS AT THE COST OF LOSING THEIR CUSTOMERS WHICH THEIR IMPECCABLE SERVICE SHOWS THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT.

Yet co-operating patiently with Etihad I waited for her and finally she comes BUT brings the same story with a renewed promise guaranteeing immediate rectification of the mess up. She promised 10/dec/15 I could collect the tickets. SHE SAID SHE WILL CONTACT ME AND THAT I NEED NOT CONTACT HER. I started losing trust in her and began to feel she was a fraud. Anyways, as usual deceived by her sugar coated apologies and poisonous reassurances, I decided to grace a last chance and wait until the sworn date.

All these two weeks I spent in dilemma and tension. I too was getting impatient with the consecutive disappointments and lack of professionalism by a big board like Etihad. I faced heavy losses on hotel bookings and hyped internal flight charges dues to the Christmas season as we are travelling to different states in India.

BUT there was NO NEWS again from Ms. Fraud Aiman until the afternoon of 10/dec/15. I had to again leave my work and go to the Etihad office. I WAS BLOWN OUT OF MY WITS when I didn’t see Ms. Fraud Aiman in her seat and was SHAKEN TO MY CORE when her colleague said “SHE IS ON LEAVE FOR A FEW DAYS STARTING TODAY”. MY GOD! THAT SURE IS AN AWARD WINNING CUSTOMER SERVICE! MAKING A FOOL OUT OFSINCERELY CO-OPERATING CUSTOMERS. I WAS REALLY ANGRY AND UPSET. I DEMANDED TO SEE THE MANAGER BECAUSE IT IS WAY TOO MUCH HARASSMENT. I DEMANDED EITHER THEY REFUND MY MONEY WITH ALL THE LOSS I HAVE INCURRED OR CHANGE THE DATES OF THE FLIGHT FAILING WHICH, ETIHAD SHALL FACE LEGAL AND FRAUDULANT CHARGES BY MY LAWYERS AND I HAVE PROOF OF ALL THAT IS MENTIONED ABOVE.

Fortunately, the manager Mr. Ahmed Al Shehhi came by chit chatting on his phone. On learning that he was the manager (another slip of tongue blunder of the staff which worked in my advantage finally) I approached him and began explaining the blunder. To my surprise he was aware of the issue and was dumb founded when I asked him” IF HE KNEW ABOUT IT WHY WAS IT NOT SETTLED POST HASTE AND WHY WERE WE HARASSED IN THIS MANNER?” The manager had nothing to give us but his apologies. But we need his co-operation and service not a lip sung apology. On demanding immediate action, he was forced to order one of the staff to resolve the issue (when the same staff refused all that time that they cannot do anything without aiman. NOW THEY IMMEDIATELY COMPLIED WITHOUT AIMAN!!! AMAZING!) This proves all the staff there know what’s going on but were not ready to help. IS THIS THE AWARD WINNING CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU GIVE??? PATHETIC!
THIS IS UNDUE HARASSMENT OF THE CUSTOMERS AND ETIHAD CLAIMS TO BE THE BEST AIRLINE IN THE WORLD, WINNING THE 2016 AWARD IN ADVANCE? THIS SHOWS THEY ACHIEVE THEIR AWARDS WITH FRAUD!! AND WHAT DECEPTION AWARDS BE GIVEN TO THEIR PATHETIC, UNTRAINED AND UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF? INDEED, ETIHAD ARE SUPPOSED TO COMPENSATE US, FREQUENT FLYERS FOR THIS HARASSMENT.
WITH THIS FIRST TIME ETIHAD WHICH IN REALITY IS THE LAST TIME ETIHAD, WE RATHER STICK TO THE MORE PROMISING EMIRATES WHO MAYBE A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY WITH THEIR IMMACULATE CUSTOMER SERVICE. TODAY I CAN PROUDLY SAY I AM HAPPY TO BE AN EMIRATES FREQUENT FLYER AND A GOLD CARD MEMBER AND I AM TRULY ‘SORRY’ TO HAVE EVEN TRIED ETIHAD.

Thank you for your time and attention. May this experience of mine be a moral and warning for the others who travel often.

Customer Service Poor BA customer service Cally British Airways Complaints 0 Aug 21, 2015 11:01 PM
Customer Service poor customer service Kimbo_2221 United Airlines Complaints 0 Sep 19, 2014 11:16 PM
Customer Service POOR Customer Service Saleen823 Customer Service 0 May 19, 2011 1:11 AM
Customer Service Poor customer service waltercrk Customer Service 1 Aug 27, 2010 1:34 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked poor customer service Skamom Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 0 Aug 12, 2008 2:58 PM