Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: ALL-a-giant FAIL

Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:20 AM

We were supposed to leave savannah at 2:30, July 15, on our way home to Akron/Canton. They delayed our flight hour after hour and threatened that if we demanded our luggage from cargo hold, they would not let us fly on the next available flight. We requested access to our luggage so we could get diapers for our six month old daughter, since none of the airport stores carried them. The Allegiant rep told us "You are out of options then" when we explained the situation. We ended up borrowing diapers from anther traveler. It was 8:45 at night before they cancelled and told us we would be rebooked for tomorrow afternoon. They also said said they would give us vouchers for food and provide us hotel accommodations if we return to the ticket line. Got there, no vouchers, no hotels. They said that all the hotels were full. Passengers got there luggage and had to find and pay for their own hotel, which obviously there were plenty of. Most all of the passengers were able to find a nearby hotel,,, those that could not were provided (by the airport customer service rep, not Allegiant) cots to sleep on at the baggage ticket counter and pizza. The customer service personnel dodged the passengers the whole time. We were forced to rent a car and drive to hilton head 60 miles away where the rest of our family was vacationing. This was cheaper than renting a hotel room. We where forced to sleep on the floor with our 6-month old,,, who at this point was a complete mess.We where rescheduled to fly the next morning at 11:45, and of course the flight was delayed on the tarmac another hour. Once we arrived in Akron, we were once again delayed at the get from exiting the plane for another hour. What was the compensation for all of this one might ask. A $100 voucher good towards the purchase of another ticket. If I order chocolate at a restaurant and they bring me a turd,,, I do not want a coupon for another turd,,,, AT THE LEAST I want the total of what I paid returned to me and the extra expenses incurred from having to rent a car, food, etc.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg IMG_2260.jpg (88.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2261.jpg (81.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2244.jpg (89.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2252.jpg (37.3 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook