View Poll Results: Would you fly Etihad again?
NO!!!!! 0 0%
NEVER 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:02 PM
Tkidon Tkidon is offline

Join Date: Oct 2013
Angry One Year Since I Cancelled My Booking - Still No Refund!!!

On 31 July, 2012 I bought a return e-ticket Dublin-Delhi (booking reference X4LUDP).

However, I had to cancel this booking on October 30, 2012 (one month before the flight).
My ticket booking confirmation clearly stated that “cancelation before departure permitted at a charge of EUR175”.
However, up to date (more then one year later ) I did not received a refund.

On May 27, 2013 I e-mailed my request for a refund to [email protected] but (apart from an automatic response, INTR:13893084) I have heard nothing further since.
I repeated my attempts twice – on July 11, 2013 and August 25, 2013 (INTR:14760930), with the same result - no replay, no refund, no explanation.

On October 17, 2013 I called the head office in Abu Dhabi to demand the refund.
I was reassured that my case would be dealt with, and naively i believed it.
Nothing happened since.

I was still confident that there was a mistake in processing my request, until i came across this website, and realised that it was the Etihad's policy to ignore customer's complaints in hope that they would give up.
Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to simply forget about this very considerable amount of money that Etihad still oughts to pay me, and I'm determined to get it back,
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:00 PM
Ron16 Ron16 is offline

Join Date: Sep 2013
Lightbulb One Year Since I Cancelled My Booking - Still No Refund!!! - Contact a lawyey

You need to contact a lawyer/solicitor who has experience dealing with airlines and hand the matter over to him/her. It appears that you have given Etihad ample opportunity and time to refund your fare. If you bought the ticket in Ireland, I would recommend contacting Conor O'Toole Solicitors in Newbridge, Kildare.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:28 PM
MNQ MNQ is offline

Join Date: Jan 2014
Cool You'll never get it back

If you don please inform me.
I have had the same problem, since 09-11-2013.

Very nice automated emails, even a few phonecalls to tell me they are sorry.

BUT what do you buy with ''sorry''.. ??

have you seen this on their website ?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:52 PM
johng94582 johng94582 is offline

Join Date: Dec 2014
Default Any update? I'm going to court to get refund

Clearly my problem is not unique....any comments on how going to court worked with getting your money back?

Check-in / Boarding Lufthansa cancelled my booking Lufthansasucks Lufthansa Complaints 9 Aug 26, 2013 5:25 PM
Reservations Phone Booking- Wrong transactions- NO Refund!! vibhu123 Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Aug 28, 2012 8:46 AM
Reservations Cannot get refund for cancelled Economy Basic Plus booking madsing Lufthansa Complaints 0 Jul 24, 2012 6:02 AM
Customer Service Missing Refund for Cancelled Flight chien Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Feb 6, 2012 4:08 AM
Reservations Booking cancelled after reservation confirmed ryanagihara Delta Air Lines Complaints 6 Oct 9, 2007 7:33 PM