View Poll Results: Would you fly Etihad again?
NO!!!!! 0 0%
NEVER 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Tools...

Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:02 PM

Angry One Year Since I Cancelled My Booking - Still No Refund!!!

On 31 July, 2012 I bought a return e-ticket Dublin-Delhi (booking reference X4LUDP).

However, I had to cancel this booking on October 30, 2012 (one month before the flight).
My ticket booking confirmation clearly stated that “cancelation before departure permitted at a charge of EUR175”.
However, up to date (more then one year later ) I did not received a refund.

On May 27, 2013 I e-mailed my request for a refund to [email protected] but (apart from an automatic response, INTR:13893084) I have heard nothing further since.
I repeated my attempts twice – on July 11, 2013 and August 25, 2013 (INTR:14760930), with the same result - no replay, no refund, no explanation.

On October 17, 2013 I called the head office in Abu Dhabi to demand the refund.
I was reassured that my case would be dealt with, and naively i believed it.
Nothing happened since.

I was still confident that there was a mistake in processing my request, until i came across this website, and realised that it was the Etihad's policy to ignore customer's complaints in hope that they would give up.
Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to simply forget about this very considerable amount of money that Etihad still oughts to pay me, and I'm determined to get it back,
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:00 PM

Lightbulb One Year Since I Cancelled My Booking - Still No Refund!!! - Contact a lawyey

You need to contact a lawyer/solicitor who has experience dealing with airlines and hand the matter over to him/her. It appears that you have given Etihad ample opportunity and time to refund your fare. If you bought the ticket in Ireland, I would recommend contacting Conor O'Toole Solicitors in Newbridge, Kildare.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:28 PM

Cool You'll never get it back

If you don please inform me.
I have had the same problem, since 09-11-2013.

Very nice automated emails, even a few phonecalls to tell me they are sorry.

BUT what do you buy with ''sorry''.. ??

have you seen this on their website ?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:52 PM

Default Any update? I'm going to court to get refund

Clearly my problem is not unique....any comments on how going to court worked with getting your money back?

More options...